This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what if I dont like using Soholaunch?

I am thinking of setting up a new account and trying Soholaunch. As I won't have a website already with the new account, I am presuming I just start to use soholaunch staright away as per your detailed instructions.

However, what if, once I have started using it I don't like it? Do I just make the site with the usual BV software or will I need to reset the account?
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Re: what if I dont like using Soholaunch?

I believe that You will need to reset and start all over again.
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Thanks David... not good news but thanks for letting me know. I wish I could sample it b4 i try that's all. have you tried it?
      Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

No but I have seen so many posts from people who have tried it and its really turned me off...............

The other problem(for me) is that I only have a slow Wifi IP and to create you must be online.....so its a no.no for me.
        Have fun
        Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
        Newbies / Beginners Forum
        FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
        My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
        Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Cheers David! Any room on that yacht of yours in spain for me and the girlfriend? I mean Permanent room ; - )
          Ramsey

Comment

I didn't have to reset my account - and I had built on Soho - just deleted Soho and went back to BV.
            Beth
            A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

Originally posted by Marincky
              I am thinking of setting up a new account and trying Soholaunch. However, what if, once I have started using it I don't like it? Do I just make the site with the usual BV software or will I need to reset the account?
              You don't need a new account to try your hand with Soho.....and you SHOULD start with Soho as you get the hang of working with carts!

1. Create a folder named "cart" in your Blue Voda folder located in "My Documents" simply by opening the folder in Explorer and 'CREATE NEW FOLDER.' >> This is how you are creating a new "directory" for Soho to reside in....it is the same method for adding a sub-domain, add-on domains, Forums folders, blogs directories, etc.

2. Upload this new (empty) folder named "cart" to your VH account via the BlueFTP tool in Blue Voda.

3. Go to your VH Account Control Panel, and through Fantastico! install Soholaunch yourself, MANUALLY specifying this new "cart" folder as the destination directory. This way, you can always uninstall Soho from it and install OSC to the same folder according to whim without messing up your BV "public_html" directory or have to resort to resetting your entire account....

When linking/accessing, merely add "cart" to your command, and you will immediately by default have the "index" of the cart present itself. For example, if linking to your cart via a BV page link, you would enter it thus:
              www.MyOriginalDomainName.com/cart/

I try to keep things simple!
              . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
              * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thank you Vasili. You're a star! I now understand : - )

Comment

uploaded the empty file "cart" to my account through ftp 3 times and I still can't see it?

Comment

I try to keep things simple!

I don't know about Vassili's experience. Maybe i'm a bit left behind because i don't use Soho very often. But, in MY experience, you CANNOT manually install Soho in a folder. That's because the Soholaunch installation wizard will NOT allow you to install it in a user defined folder. It will ask for the DOMAIN to install soho in, so you need to first create a SUBDOMAIN for it.

You also don't need a folder in your computer, specifically for Soho, as soho is a serverside builder so everything is on the server.

So, the steps are:
                    1. Create the SUBDOMAIN. Let's suppose you call it "soho".
                    2. Go to Fantastico, and select Soholaunch. Click on "new installation".
                    3. in the first steps you will be asked for the domain to install Soho in, answer, select "soho.yoursite.com" from the dropdown list.
                    4. Click on install.
                    Navaldesign
                    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks for your help guys but this one truly is beyond me.... I'll stick to what I have I think!!! I am too worried about messing something up, I just have too many websites to risk going wrong!

Thank you anyway

Comment

Marnicky, don't think that!!!! I'm a total "DUH" to all this and I even tried Soho!!! So come on, you can do it! Just do what Naval said if you want to try it out. I did it just fine. Right now, I abandoned it and am building my other pages in BV and I will probably get rid of Soho later as I couldn't customize it the way I wanted.....but I wanted to try it anyway! So go ahead and try it! What was it that you wanted to do with it?

Then, do what Bethers said...when she decided she didn't want Soho, she just deleted it and returned to BV. As long as you keep it all separated from your other sites, you will be okie dokie! Then, if you like it, you can link it to any of your other sites you wish.

Now go, try it! you MIGHT like it! LOL
                        still working on website!

Comment

I probably will end up trying it in the end.... I never let anything beat me!!

By the way you neveranswered my question yesterday... where is that island in your picture... I want to live there!

Comment

LOL..you sound like me....i am determined to learn this stuff and conquer it even if it KILLS me! I didn't see your ? yesterday...sorry...the island is St. Thomas Virgin Islands. I want to live there, too!!! My fav. is St. John though, right by St. Thomas. If you ever want to visit there, I can give you "travel tips". MUCH better than website tips!
                            still working on website!

Comment

I'll bear that in mind thank you, no doubt once I make my fortune I will be asking more info!

Comment

Working...
                              X