Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• confused about the php and.html page instructions

Hi there,
    I have made a contact form: so far so good...Then I followed all the instructions to the letter (in the tutorials) but I get a little confused when it comes to the instructions part nr.1
    So I made the contact.html page in BV
    Then it says I have to change the form properties, is this after I have saved the contact (html)page as a new page? Otherwise the properties for the html page would not be correct anymore or am I wrong? Then I downloaded the .php script which was easy enough. But if you create a file in notepad that doesn't make it a page called www.yourdomainname.com/contact.php, does it?
    In total would I have to upload this notepad file plus the contact.html page and also the contact.php webpage? I've really lost it here...
    I am a foreigner so my english is not my mothertongue. Maybe that doesn't help but I really hope you can (help me that is)

thanks a million!
    Fabbers

Re: confused about the php and.html page instructions

Hey Fabbers

Follo the instructions provided by Andy. You will get a nice form up and runing along with security.

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...-measures.html

Mike
    http://www.atexflooring.ca
    http://www.newfloor.ca

Comment

Re: confused about the php and.html page instructions

Originally posted by fabbers
      Hi there,
      I have made a contact form: so far so good...Then I followed all the instructions to the letter (in the tutorials) but I get a little confused when it comes to the instructions part nr.1
      So I made the contact.html page in BV
      Then it says I have to change the form properties, is this after I have saved the contact (html)page as a new page? Otherwise the properties for the html page would not be correct anymore or am I wrong? Then I downloaded the .php script which was easy enough. But if you create a file in notepad that doesn't make it a page called www.yourdomainname.com/contact.php, does it?
      In total would I have to upload this notepad file plus the contact.html page and also the contact.php webpage? I've really lost it here...
      I am a foreigner so my english is not my mothertongue. Maybe that doesn't help but I really hope you can (help me that is)

thanks a million!
      Fabbers

The contact form tutorial has been updated on July 25. If you had read it before, please, read again. You will find step by step instructions.
      You first create your form, change the form properties as shown in the updated BlueVoda Form Tutorial 1 (READ THE TEXT UNDER THE MULTIMEDIA TUTORIAL), and simply save your form page as "contact" on your computer and then publish it.

Now, as shown in the above mentioned text, create a thankyou page, change it's properties (so it will be published as php page and not as html page) and paste the code in the inside body tag of the page HTML. Save it as "action" and publish.

Just follow the steps shown in the new tutorial and you will be fine.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
      X