Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problems with "Gallery" - Error: Unable to make thumbnail (0)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with "Gallery" - Error: Unable to make thumbnail (0)

Installed Coppermine (via Fantastico) into a new directory in WWW, everthing worked fine.
    Tried a demo version of Gallery (at www.opensourcecms.com) and liked the look of it, so installed it (via Fantastico) into another new directory in WWW, all seemed ok, logged in as ADMIN, changed the password to something more secure, and uploaded some images (.jpg) . After the upload, got error message:
    Error: Unable to make thumbnail (0)
    Looked at the Gallery FAQ's etc. and went into .htaccess and config.php and changed their permissions to 777. Still no joy. (They don't seem to mention MySQL anywhere, just Apache etc.)
    Seem to remember that there was an extra step during the Coppermine install where I changed those file permissions and I think there was some setting up of the MySQL, but can't quite remember.
    On that hunch, had a look in the MySQL databases in CPanel, and noticed that the MySQL for Gallery doesn't have any tables created, whereas the Coppermine one does.
    I'm pretty new to all this, and don't have a clue about MySQL or PhpMyadmin, so am reluctant to wade in there trying to create tables that I know nothing about, my other thought was to just re-install, either into the same directory, or a new one. But I've got a feeling that it won't be "that" simple.

Any idea's please.

Cheers

Steve W.

I would try re-installing. It does wonders.
    ::Steven.H::

Comment

Originally posted by Steven.H
      Yep!
      Thanks for the generic advise
      By the way, nice to see another "Properly spelt, " Steven, instead of SteP Hen (Stephen)

(No offence intended to Step - Hen's of the world :~)

I'm guessing by the underwelming response, that not many people use "Gallery" then
      I thought that people from "Fantastico" and "Gallery", might have kept an eye on these forums.
      Coppermine worked 1st time with no problems, that will do fo me ;~)

In Reply:

Originally Posted by Steven.H

That's what I would usually do, if I was on familiar gound.
      But as I'm sure you're aware, sometimes , re-installing, can cause mayhem!

I only signed up to BlueVoda/Vodahost last week, and am totally new to all this "CPanel, MySQL, etc. etc. So am still finding my feet.

I was just concerned that casually re-installing, might cause "Wonders" that might cause problems further down the line.

My thoughts were, re-installing, might force a 2nd MySQL data base with the same name to be created, and cause problems.

Also, "Gallery's" FAQ's stated the need for third party image software, maybe I was supposed to install this myself,,,,,,, who knows,,,,,, as the installation instructions never mentioned it :~)

Anyway, I'm far too busy playing with the new BlueVoda 7.0 to be worried about all this.

Coppermine will do just fine.

Cheers

Steve W

Comment

I am very glad my parents named me Steven instead of Stephen:)
        ::Steven.H::

Comment

My middle name is Stavro which means Steve (Just in case anybody cares)
          George Fountakos
          VodaHost
          www.VodaHost.com
          Your Website People
          +1-302-283-3777 USA / Canada / International
          (0044) 020 8816 8319 / United Kingdom

Comment

Originally posted by George
            My middle name is Stavro which means Steve (Just in case anybody cares)
            Sorry George,

Steven in Greek should be Stefanos, not Stavros
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Actually it could mean both. Depending on how you want to use it.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
              02036089024 / United Kingdom
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
              X