SML Forums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SML Forums

Hi, I'm getting these msgs when trying to accsess my forum. Dave has been giving me some tips. You out there Dave? Or anyone, Help!
    I have watched and read the tutorials, but I am probably missing some importantly simple step! Thanks
    Farmboyzim...

Warning: file(/home2/farmboy/public_html/forum/Settings.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home2/farmboy/public_html/forum/install.php on line 1238

Warning: dostep1(/home2/farmboy/public_html/forum/Settings.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home2/farmboy/public_html/forum/install.php on line 484

Warning: dostep1(/home2/farmboy/public_html/forum/Settings.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home2/farmboy/public_html/forum/install.php on line 484

Fatal error: dostep1(): Failed opening required '/home2/farmboy/public_html/forum/Settings.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home2/farmboy/public_html/forum/install.php on line 484

Warning: main(/home2/farmboy/public_html/forum/Settings.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home2/farmboy/public_html/forum/index.php on line 44

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '/home2/farmboy/public_html/forum/Settings.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home2/farmboy/public_html/forum/index.php on line 44
    Sincerely,
    Farmboyzim
    www.farmboyzimsflightsims.com

I would uninstall the forums and reconfigure them.
    ::Steven.H::

Comment

yes uninstall and try again. looks like you have changed the board settings, which can lock you out.......dont worry I did the sane thing lol
      Dave Hickey

www.youngstroke.org.nz

www.eko.co.nz

Comment

This is a prestalled program?

Think its gone south, I agree with Steve uninstall and reinstall
        www.bluevodaexchangelink.com
        BluevodaExchangeLink Help Center
        Bluevodaexchangelink Forum

The only place for bluevoda site to be linked with!

Comment

It was that FATAL ERROR that had me sweatin'! the Doc said I was doin' fine!!!Thanks for the tips! I'll give it a shot!
          Sincerely, Farmboyzim
          Sincerely,
          Farmboyzim

Comment

Me again! Tried uninstalling and reinstalling smf 1.05, transferred the files over to my ftp in a sub folder called forums, cheched to make sure everything was transferred, which it was not. The language files didn't make it under the Themes folder, so I put them in. Everything else transferred well. Tried to access this time at URL that is instructed (......forums/install.php), and now receive the msg Error 404. My question is, ???????????
            I want to thank all of you that have answered in the past very much, and with your help, I'm sure I can get this thing up and running! Thanks again.
            Sincerely, Farmboyzim
            Sincerely,
            Farmboyzim

Comment

Are you sure the forums folder is in your public_html folder? If it's not, that is likely your problem.
              My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Yes that is the problem, run it from your main, not in ftp.
                Dave Hickey

www.youngstroke.org.nz

www.eko.co.nz

Comment

I'll give it a go! Thanks much!!!
                  Farmboyzim
                  Sincerely,
                  Farmboyzim

Comment

Well, I tried loading into the public html folder also, got as far as the initial set up page on connecting, but now it won't take my password. I'm asuming this is my blue voda ftp password? Anybody? Please??? Help!!!
                    Farmboyzim
                    Sincerely,
                    Farmboyzim

Comment

Just a silly question are you loading the program from cp? if so it'll load into your main.

When you have installed it in cp, it will give you would of been given the chioce of username/pword.

The other option is get someone to set it up for you, that you can trust
                      Dave Hickey

www.youngstroke.org.nz

www.eko.co.nz

Comment

Silly Question #2, whats a CP? Command Prompt?
                        Thanks!
                        Farmboyzim
                        Sincerely,
                        Farmboyzim

Comment

Sorry for the abbreviations CP= Control Panel
                          Dave Hickey

www.youngstroke.org.nz

www.eko.co.nz

Comment

Thanks Dave. I ended up using the phpBB! Just could not get that SML to work properly. Operator headspace I suppose! Take care and thanks for the help!
                            Farmboyzim
                            Sincerely,
                            Farmboyzim

Comment

Working...
                            X