Limit to links

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Limit to links

Is there a limit to how many Affliate limks you can place on your website.
    In anticipation,
    Martyn
    www.winesincornwall.co.uk

Re: Limit to links

No, no limits but watch out for some of the stipulations from your partners..
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

A page or website full of affiliate links will be frowned upon by the SE's
      Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Thanks folks all points taken,
        Martyn

Comment

Another thing worth mentioning. I have yet to find any affiliate linking program that is worth even bothering with 5 seconds of time to add to a site, maybe others have better experiences? I find Google Adsense the best. In fact I'm not far off earning enough from Adsense to retire!!
          Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Originally posted by Marincky
            A page or website full of affiliate links will be frowned upon by the SE's
            Where did you ever get that idea?

I have plenty of revenue coming in from my dedicated affiliate website, a "virtual mall" chock-full of banners, links, and advertisers...and the SE's LOVE me (and I am still working to finish many of the core pages)! The coin in my pocket is proof!

Affiliate marketing is a proven concept, but still needs to be carefully planned and maintained, in whatever format it is presented in (and still most people don't really "get it"). And, the earlier caution about understanding not only the larger and intricate details of Affiliate Marketing but the fine points to the "stipulations" of your continued participation and parlayance to profitability is critical.
            Commonplace programs such as Adsense, Froogle, etc. in actuality do not provide as much benefit to the individual as they do to those that promote them (Google, Yahoo, etc.).....it is far "cheaper" to compensate "webbies" that enhance the propogation of internet agendas and larger influence than it is to create and maintain such programs in more traditional ways, don't you think? Food for thought....

(Just my "heads up" to you about the REAL agenda behind Google's attempted domination of the internet by every means possible)
            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

LOL.. I would love to answer this Vasili but you always use words I have never even heard of before!!! You are an extraordinarily clever man...too clever for me!! But it sounded like you put me in my place anyway ; - )

Comment

Clever words do not make a clever man..........

When someone uses words that are not understood by the majority, then is that not a lack of communication !!

Someone once said in these forums....Keep it Simple....

Now that´s VERY good advice.
                Have fun
                Regards..... David

Comment

I am not even on any search engines yet due to the site not being finished, but have still earned a few cents with Google. There are loads of affiliates out their, but as David said! look out for the small print. The other thing to watch out for is using iframes with some of them. Amazon is one that you will have problems getting the page to open in a new window correctly but they readily admit to some of their scripts not working with very well with wysiwyg software. If you do go down the road of affiliates, make sure you can get the ads to open in a new window as its hard to get someone back once the visitor has left your site. Always a down side with links.
                  Here is one you can put on the list.
                  http://www.vodahost.com/partner/

Chris.
                  Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

There are a couple of solutions to re-writing vendor supplied HTML links to make browser windows open, which does not "alter the code" or violate TOS for any of the programs I've come across already posted in this Affiliate Forum under "Text Links".....the practical answers there should work anywhere, BV or not.....

No, Marincky! I wasn't "capping" you, so don't feel you were being chastised.
                    In truth, had I only had banners lining my site, then I would be ignored with prejudice by the SE's...having solid relevancy (with natural and referential links, properly labeled images, Key Words that match Meta, page titles, and textual content all "CLEVERLY" composed within tightly focused theme/context) is what makes the difference....and is something I keep trying to point out to others as SIMPLE to accomplish and critical to the grand scheme of building websites.........
                    But, like David pointed out: "IGNORANCE IS BLISS!".
                    .....I only wish some weren't so testy about offers to help 'widen the perspective'.....vernacular notwithstanding!

Comment

Originally posted by davidundalicia
                      Clever words do not make a clever man..........

When someone uses words that are not understood by the majority, then is that not a lack of communication !!

Someone once said in these forums....Keep it Simple....

Now that´s VERY good advice.
                      I cannot for the life of me see where I wrote, or even implied,
                      "Ignorance is bliss"
                      Please do not quote what has not been said.............
                      Have fun
                      Regards..... David

Comment

You're right, David....I should be much clearer when responding to inferrances and innuendo...
                        I stand corrected on the appearance of quotation.

Comment

No problems my friend, keep up the good work...............
                          Have fun
                          Regards..... David

Comment

I'm a total newbie and when I started this venture I assumed I could place any amount of links. My idea was to seperate the various links into catagories, for instance I have 7 links for wine and food which I intended to put on 1 page, say page 12 which shows at the top of the home page as wine and food. I then assumed if that tab was clicked it would take them to page 12 and the prospective buyer could view 1 or all the links.
                            Hope this makes sense. what i have read here seems to tell me it wont work. Frank

Comment

Originally posted by frankstokes
                              I'm a total newbie and when I started this venture I assumed I could place any amount of links. My idea was to seperate the various links into catagories, for instance I have 7 links for wine and food which I intended to put on 1 page, say page 12 which shows at the top of the home page as wine and food. I then assumed if that tab was clicked it would take them to page 12 and the prospective buyer could view 1 or all the links.
                              Hope this makes sense. what i have read here seems to tell me it wont work. Frank
                              Frank-
                              What you are describing (I think) is a simple method of linking pages, all of which is easily accomplished in Blue Voda according to the proper manner of linking pages.

You also have the ability to "bookmark" a specific section or item within a page, so when mentioning a wine brand, for instance, on a certain page, if a visitor clicked on that linked text, it would deliver it directly to the bokkmarked section on another page where that item was featured.

You should take a look at the linking tutorials before you decide on a path to take. You may wish to also peek at how I organized MyChoiceMall.com site using 3 different methods: "GoMenus" (seen at top as QuickLink To Stores By Name), by pages (example here for "computers"), and throughout as "Lists" that are textually arranged......

Try not to over-complicate things......merely plan precisely, and execute that plan!

Comment

Working...
                              X