• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• transperency to gifs

hi there,

how do i add transpercy to my pictures.

chandni

Re: transperency to gifs

Difficult. With CSS, but it involves some hand coding. Not very user friendly as B.V.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

chandi, what do you mean by adding transparency to your pictures/gifs? Please explain what you mean....I do not know how to do this with "html" but I might be able to help you with your photoediting program? Not sure.
      still working on website!

Comment

Please read this thread: http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/rep...t=transparency
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Well, I'm not sure what Chandi was asking, but after reading that link, Naval, I'm going to just chime in on what I THINK it means...and she probaby already knows this...but maybe it will be helpful to someone....

(just ignore the following if you were asking something completely different, chandi!! LOL)

Transparency for images means that you eliminate the background so that the image is a "cutout" and can be layered onto other backgrounds, images, etc and the "bottom layer" will show "around" the transparent object. (not transparent meaning you can "see through" the object like "opacity".) THis is done to your image BEFORE you put it on your website pages....well, there may be a way to do it after, but I have no clue on that.

For example...I have a photo of a dog and I want to "stack " the dog on my red web page so he "floats". I do not want the photo "around" the dog to show..I just want the dog shape. So, i use my photo editing software, such as Photoshop, and get rid of the extra photo areas around the dog...

HOWEVER, if i save my dog image as a JPEG file, the empty space I created around the dog will be replaced by white "paper"...and so, my dog is no longer transparent and it will show up on my webpage with a white box around it.

If I save my dog as a regular gif file, the same thing will happen. So, I have to save the dog as a file that will keep it "transparent" meaning no white box. files that allow this are tiff, png, and gif and various others that are software specific (psd).

The problem? BV does not support tiff or png. But they do support gif.

So, when you save your image, save it as a transparent gif....but be sure and check the option box that says "save transparency" if your program has that. Now your doggie will have no white box and he will look cute on your pages...like a floating cutout.

Now, one more thing to consider, and maybe it is just me....depending on your original image....sometimes I'm finding that the outside edges look jagged and messy on my BV pages. You may have to play around with your original image to correct this. And there is another thread or two on this problem in the forum.

Sorry, this was long...i'm very passionate about image creation and would love to help anyone with it that I can. I work with people all the time who are editing digital images to create crafts and such. I may not be much help on the website end yet, but the image side...well, I can do that!!

Comment

That's what we call cropping and then you simply save as transparent gif. This can be done easily, i have done one for choco, he also asked for instructions and i forgot to send them. Real Transparency however means seeing THROUGH the image and it can only be done in HTML using a CSS and applying the transarency div to the image. It is easy if you know where to put your hands (on the code) but not for the average user, as the effect is only visible in preview and publish mode and not directly in the BV page.
            Navaldesign

Comment

Oh! I see. Thanks Naval! That would look very cool on a webpage. I have heard that also referred to as and "overlay" in photoediting. It would be cool to learn how to do this in site building, also. But......not today! LOL

Comment

Doesn't Paint.net have a transparent image function?
                Bill
                www.blueearthtea.com
                www.ftaaconsulting.com
                www.iaval.com
                www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Working...
                X