Porta -

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Porta -

Im wondering if anyone knows any troubleshooting in using the Porta application.
    Ive created a wonderful page, just the way I want it, colors, photos all in line. After adding the URL to my I-frame and publishing - it will and it wont work....very unstable....I have viewed it perfectly, and two others cant seem to recieve the photo section within the frame...then there are also times that it wont load for me either...
    Im wondering if Im doing something wrong or is the program just unstable...
    and if it is in fact unstable, is there another application that is sooooo easy and is able to load so quickly...
    Jalbum is too large and loads too slowly for me...I do have photoshop but I really like using Porta...
    Thank you in advance for any info you may have -
    You can try to see if it works for you or not -
    http://kateart-cards.com/photo_101.html

seems to have issues with firefox.....

Re: Porta -

hi - when i went to your link the page loaded fine but with just a big white square in the center - nothing in it - and i use IE6 - sorry - wish i knew of a program that would work for you - i use picturetrail but they stick there logo right next to the photos -
    Ann
    www.MovingOn1.com - My Travel
    www.BeadedCustomDesigns.com - Jewelry
    www.FantasyManorArtStudio.com - Leather Art

Comment

Hi Kassi59
      on the link you left i get big white space. are buttons above the fame supposed to appear in the fame when clicked. i have used porta many times as a stand alone page Here but not in a ifame. as the program makes a gallery of it's own which you link to. there are sripts out there where you can have one large picture in the middle of the page and thumb nail pictures around it. which when clicked appear in the centre frame. Here
      i will see if i can insert a porta album into a ifame and see if i get the same problem.
      get back to you later.

Comment

Your beautiful photos loaded fine for me in FF and IE7.
        Choco777
        www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

Thank you Choco!...and it did load for you in FF I just tried and I get all but where the photos should be is a big blue nothing!...
          On aol, its fine...
          I dont get it...
          Alien, maybe you have a point of the I-frame...
          Heres the link to the original page...but ive used I -Frames before with other web pages including my own..so Im at a loss....
          Its such a drag as its a really neat program...

Comment

let me get this straight you have the iframe and you want to open the porta gallery within the iframe. just checking to see if i understand.
            see porta uses a page of it's own with it's own size. now to open in iframe you would have to resize the porta ablum page. or you would get a sideways scroll. i will give it a go and see what i come up wiyh.

Comment

yes, exactly...thats why you are seeing a "white" square on your page, that what another said they saw...myself Im getting the full proper view here, except firefox wont load the porta page...just stays blank...and it should (the I-Frame) show what ever I want...so as far as I know?!
              Thanks for looking at this for me I do apreciate it..

Comment

Hi Kate
                just made one seems to work but as i said the scroll is naff. Here

Comment

Hi kate again just checked the code for that page notice the bit in red.
                  <IFRAME name="PHOTOGRAPY 101" style="position:absolute;left:125px;top:179px;widt h:538px;height:564px;z-index:18" src="file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/kassi/Desktop/1st%20page/images/album/index.html" scrolling="no" frameborder="1">Your browser does not support inline frames or is currently configured not to display inline frames.</IFRAME>
                  <DIV style="position:absolute;left:125px;top:760px;widt h:243px;height:16px;z-index:19" align="center">

That should not be there, you should direct that to a page on page on your server if you look at the one i did the iframe is pointed to one of my tip pages but that could be anything like instructions. redo the link in the iframe to a page you want the veiwer to see before they click to see the porta ablum ( thats if you can resize porta to fit )

Comment

Hi again just been on my porta program, you can change the size of the thumbnail and main image. also were the thumbnails appear, so with a little giging about there should be no reason why you can't do what you want.

Comment

Yea, I had been looking at the URL and knew something was wrong, but I had a mental block...but thanks to you I have uploaded the album to my server and it seems to work now...lol...but then again...its always worked from my computer....of course it did!....it was working off MY desktop files!...lol...does nobody any good if they dont have my files!...lol....
                      Thanks for helping me find my brain!...lol...
                      have look/see now and let me know if its any better...
                      http://www.kateart-cards.com/photo_101.html

See now using 'page info' Im seeing the porta application. whereas before it wasnt coming up...
                      Dont forget to upload into FTP manager!!!!!!!!!!!!....

Comment

Originally posted by kassi59
                        Yea, I had been looking at the URL and knew something was wrong, but I had a mental block...but thanks to you I have uploaded the album to my server and it seems to work now...lol...but then again...its always worked from my computer....of course it did!....it was working off MY desktop files!...lol...does nobody any good if they dont have my files!...lol....
                        Thanks for helping me find my brain!...lol...
                        have look/see now and let me know if its any better...
                        http://www.kateart-cards.com/photo_101.html

See now using 'page info' Im seeing the porta application. whereas before it wasnt coming up...
                        Dont forget to upload into FTP manager!!!!!!!!!!!!....
                        looks great to me, excellent

Comment

Thanx Alien - so that was my problem then was that I hadnt uploaded to my server..Id really hate to redo everything to find a bug in the works..lol

Comment

yes but now you know. you could have several ablums that appear in the iframe so you could have different Categories wild life, pets, landscape and so on, just a thought.

Comment

yes, thats what I had planned to do. Ive been trying for so long to find something that I wanted to use, and this is what I was looking for..I just didnt want to do all the work and find that it wasnt a good program..
                              Now that I know more and to upload it..I plan to do a re vamp and add more.....

Comment

Working...
                              X