Suggestion for next release - Choice of location for BlueVoda Folder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestion for next release - Choice of location for BlueVoda Folder

"By default BlueVoda puts your documents and images in your My Documents folder, but you can change this behaviour.............."

Is the start of a reply as to how to access your BlueVoda files from seperate machines. (See below)

Although I understand the idea of putting stuff in "My Docoments", so that people can find it easily, and the fact that the latest Windows OS's tends to hide everything else.
    It might be useful to have a choice of location for the "BlueVoda" file.
    The default could be for "Normal (single machine) use", and the option could be for "multiple machine use".
    Either option should explain exactly where the "important" folder is located, just in case.

Cheers

Steve W
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    By default BlueVoda puts your documents and images in your My Documents folder, but you can change this behaviour:
    1. Open regedit and find:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\BlueVoda 6.5.5\BlueVoda 6.5.5\Settings

2. Create a String key called:
    DocumentPath

3. Give it the value C:\BlueVoda

The next time you start BlueVoda it autmatically creates this folder and use it as your document folder.

4. Now when you transfer your files from one PC to another, all you have to do is copy the (complete) contents of this folder.

Note: you will have to do this on both computers.

Second option:
    Save your file as a template. Copy the template file to the another computer and select New Page->Create from template to continue editing.

I'm not sure if I understand your suggestion correctly but it looks like you answered your own question.

Yes, it possible to make BlueVoda store the files in any folder you want using the specified registry key.
    Forum Moderator
    BlueVoda Spe******t

Comment

Oops!

Originally posted by Pablo
      I'm not sure if I understand your suggestion correctly but it looks like you answered your own question.

Yes, it possible to make BlueVoda store the files in any folder you want using the specified registry key.
      Sorry,
      I did ramble on a bit didn't I (I shouldn't drink Vodka at the keyboard :~)

What I meant to suggest, was maybe to have it as an option during installation.
      ie.
      "Would you like your BlueVoda work folder located at:
      1. C:\BlueVoda , useful if you plan to move files between different machines.
      OR
      2. C:\Documents and Settings\username\My Documents\BlueVoda , easy to find."

Or Something along those lines.

My reason for suggesting this, is that most average home users probably aren't too happy about editing their Registry.

Cheers
      Steve W

Comment

cpanel

I have a question on this,why couldn't they be stored in cpanel in away that you you could work from different computers at anytime
        when you log in go to the site that you want, if you have more then one site
        something on the line of what another company does.

Comment

Originally posted by Darrell
          I have a question on this,why couldn't they be stored in cpanel in away that you you could work from different computers at anytime
          when you log in go to the site that you want, if you have more then one site
          something on the line of what another company does.
          what i'm trying to say is ,the files should be stored in VH somewhere
          this way you always have your file in case something would happen
          and you would never lose anything unless you delete them yourself
          from VH

Comment

It could work if they did it right. I am always on the same computer, so its no use to me. Good luck.
            ::Steven.H::

Comment

Originally posted by Steven.H
              It could work if they did it right. I am always on the same computer, so its no use to me. Good luck.
              Steven,
              for instance what would happen if your hard drive or say something happened that you had to get another PC.

Comment

I would get it all my content from the servers.
                ::Steven.H::

Comment

BlueVoda 7 has some improvements on the images location issue.
                  Copying the projects from one PC to another PC now should 'automaticly' fix the image path.
                  Forum Moderator
                  BlueVoda Spe******t

Comment

Working...
                  X