Can't Publish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't Publish

made changes on a page, but when I tried to view it another version of the page showed,so I in BV changed
    name of version I wanted,renamed it,republished,moved and copy to public html in showed that it was sucessful. The page that show on the web is old version again, saying that the new named page is not on server, repeated three times.
    old.../inscribed_bricks.html
    new.../bricks.html whoops sorry wrong place to post
    Choco777
    www.mayatabasco.com

Re: Can't Publish

It's ok George....I've got bricks for brains right about now anyway...
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Vasili, did you get my
      email
      Choco777
      www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

No....I'm having issues with any mail at ChoiceGroupIntl.com (wouldn't you know, it being my main one too!).

Try This

Comment

since I'm in this forum, Is my site especially from tabasco page easier to navigate?
          Choco777
          www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

George-
            You're email still won't deliver.....got mine fixed, soooo....

Comment

Tobasco>
              Travel Tips: works
              Medicine: no link
              What to Pack: no link
              Insurance: link, but no page
              Eco Tourism: has 3 /// on link, won't work this way...
              Adventure: works
              -Mystical: works
              -Chaipas: works

etc./..

Comment

I would change the link to Topsites to open in a new window.

None of the thumbnails work> are the loaded into your BV images folder, which is in your main BV folder yet? If not do so. 403 error.

Site Map not up.

Most of the pages link up, but some elements are obviously missing (thumbs, etc.)

Your logistical layout is jumbled. I would see how to apply some uniformity to it...every "tour" has a different Main, and is far different from the rest of the site, giving it a feeling as if I left my original intent. Maybe having the same basic layout throughout...only with a color-coded theme would serve you better....you know, like every page really having the same "Header" look only with different titles and pix, but the background a slightly different color shade which is the same as the link on the MAIN page>>>> that way you can keep track of what 'section' you are in?
                You have done a HUGE amount of technical work, and have a lot of content and functionality to present....but since that is the case, for the viewer, it is a lot simpler to navigate (and to navigate with a sense of purpose and cognizant control) if the "flow" is structured with recognizable themes....(Visit some of the biggest tour sites and you will see what I mean...it's almost like a shopping cart site: the same format throughout, only different heaqders, pictures, even color-coded themes to indicate where you are...) Your site is a technical accomplishment, but is "very busy on the eye" so to speak. Maybe even using a page background without texture and softer in tone would be a big difference...it is alwaqys the small things that when piled up become a big thing.....simple sells, and makes the content "pop" off the screen....don't let the shapes, colors, and wizardry do what the MESSAGE is supposed to do.... You site should leave the visitor with a stronger reason to inquire, to feel compelled to ask for more information....you neeed not spill the beans on the website - they might misinterpret enough to say "no" without understanding the point!

>> Any time you provide a link from your MAIN page (even to a 'sub-section' like you tours, but ESPECIALLY when linking to an outside vendor/partner, consider having that link as a pop-up browser...that way your main website will ALWAYS be under whatever diversion they take, and when they exit from those sections, they will always have your site there as an anchor....

Comment

I changed major the nav of tabasco trying to separate chiapas and tabasco.
                  Choco777
                  www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

Looks like I start over. My intention by putting the entrace page in Tabasco was to direct the viewers page by page through everthing available in the tour as much as possible.
                    Thus separating the Chiapas tours from the Tabasco. I planned to put together a few pages on Chiapas in the same fashion having only the index page the way to enter either chiapas or Tab. Then the Itin would be accessabe only from a tabasco page. Screwy or no.
                    Choco777
                    www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

Have you written out a schematic for your site yet?
                      Put on paper, or a chalkboard?
                      If you did, I think you will see that rather than a "linear navigation" it is more of a lot of crossed lines and disproportionate circles and boxes....

Comment

No...I believe in the use of a Portal Page....it gives the visitor a map of what to select according to their interest....
                        And, it is the perfect place to "extend a welcome" and explainn BRIEFLY who you are and why you are so great!

THEN, if you have say, 4 main tours or 4 main subjects, each would basically have their own MAIN page, with their own "map" and lesser, connected pages with BRIEF elements of appeal, content, a FEW pictures, and clear means to find answers to question by Inquire (with you)...

BUT, again, I would have pretty much the SAME TEMPLATE for the Portal and the 4 Mains, with just different header/titles, one or two picture changes, and MAYBE a slightly different simple color scheme that is represented with same-color links and titles on the Portal page....people will always know what 'section' they are in, and still be comforted knowing that they are with the same site as the original (hence, the same basic Template design)...do you see?

Comment

Really do not understand. About the schematics okay. but i
                          thoght the change frrom page to page would be easier to navigate. with being able to go back or to next page. Maybe I'll s**** it all and just start over.
                          Choco777
                          www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

Here...try MY site, just to see how a developed theme can be presented..
                            First, the Main Corporate PORTAL (decide which side you should go) Go Guest..

MAIN PAGE FOR Guest....OK, you see the 'map' of what the site is about: logos to the right (each a different site/business), and to the left, interior sections...

> click on In The News >

Interior sections....same BASIC look established on Guest MAIN, but with subtle differences to handle the difference in presenting Content etc. You can even see how I "watermarked" the image seen in the main page to always be UNDER everything to provide continuity and to protect whatever content is written/presented over it....

>> Now, click on one of the Articles...NOW see what happened?
                            A pop-up, and THIS page presents only the article, does not have the same links as a regular interior page, yet still has the same Template "look"....this pop-up DOES have a link back to the original interior page "News", but is meant to be closed entirely....

This is what I mean by establishing an overall theme, one designed around what FUNCTION needs to be PRESENTED....and is linear in direction (go forward, go backward....within the section. You have to go back to the Main to change 'sections')

(I think you have WAY too much content, too many pictures, You clutter your site, and potentially the minds of your visitors. Travel sites need for customers to want to ask for more, to find out...)
                            But....tha's all my OPINION, George....you know best what you can and should do...

Comment

Thanks but it has finally hit me for the 100th time, I have neither the ability technically as a "computer " guy. Knowing not the language "computereze" nor the ability to follow simple instructions, not so simple for me. So I am in a quandry after spending so much time............you see a friend and I did much of the photography and what I did not do, he licensed to me, a waste of his time also,feel bad.
                              I am seemingly out of me element,y it is best sometimes to cut losses. Thanks, it has been more than somewhat....I met through BV alot of talentosa people..caring and more. That is unusual where I am at right now, thanks. Not pulling chains just fedup. Plus the kids in Chiapas. Thanks Again David,Vasili, Bill,islandcrazy,Asirimarco you really helped when I or anyone needed it.
                              Choco777
                              www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

Working...
                              X