Any Better Now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Better Now?

Okay, I have taken into consideration what's been said and tried to reformat. Before I go any further, is this new one better or worse?

Thanks for your input!

TheButterflyPoem.org

The Purple Butterfly

Re: Any Better Now?

oooooookkkkkk,

How you doing man, I guess it took you a while change that huh? Anyway.

1 - in you Blue Voda website builder, right click anywhere in the page (without selecting anything) go to page properties, in the first tag there a box in the bottom name is center in the page, check that to get a page in the center of the browser.

2 - The average size of the normal web page is 800x600 pixel, select your butterfly image and centre it verticaly in between 300 to 350 pixel, but remove it from the page background first and insert it as an image in your page.

3 - Your pages are still untitled, in page properties look at the field in the top there is untitled, give it a name (that can be anything you want) because it shows on the top of the browser while opening the page.

4 - the links you have in the home page are toooooooo small, it took me 6 seconds to find them which normaly should be instantly.

5 - the NvaBar you have in the other pages, don't you think still need to be changed? because they have that white in the corners which break the design.

That's what I have for now, if you didn't understand what's above because maybe (and I'm sorry) I didn't explain very well, just let me know.

But still like the content of your website
    The Producer

Comment

You have made a BIG improvements. Keep working, listening and following suggestions. Don't give up, it is easy, I know. Your site is meant to help people and it is a good bet that it will, so you have the obligation to keep on keeping on. I like what your site will become,I believe it.
      The above is great feedback.
      Choco777
      www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

Originally posted by choco777
        You have made a BIG improvements. Keep working, listening and following suggestions. Don't give up, it is easy, I know. Your site is meant to help people and it is a good bet that it will, so you have the obligation to keep on keeping on. I like what your site will become,I believe it.
        The above is great feedback.
        Thanks for the compliment, that's right that the content of his web site is great, super, not yet perfect until he get the final retouches, it's not that difficult as you said, I will be waiting for the next improvements.
        The Producer

Comment

Things are looking much better. Your page with the yellow and orange (it did not have a titie) had the nav buttons down the middle of the page, they did not work. I am not sure if you are still working on them. Also on the same page the large text at the top is on top of the smaller text. I don't think you meant to do that. I view on a ***** powerbook using firefox. I know that at times it is hard to get things to line up. I have found that if I put things in a table without borders I can get them to line up on most browsers. It just takes playing around. One thing nice about this forum is that you can get input from many people.
          Your changes have made a nice improvement. I agree with the above notes about titles,buttons, size of homepage navigation buttons.
          best to you.
          moviemedic

Comment

I enjoyed your site and read through much of it. The only thing
            I would edit if it were my site, is the white backgounds.
            Brad Arnold.......
            www.baldwincomusic.com
            www.Northbaldwinhamradio.org

ClickheretoBlastyoursitetomany
            !Free Search Engine Submission!
            Talking Avatar for your web site!
            Free sound editor
            Voda Host Tutorials

Comment

Loved your site and thought it was truly unique and you offer some interesting things for differnt folks. I found the Eulogy thing very interesting...might try it out my self.

Now as forthe site...the intro..is that a slide show...if so then you might put a Skip intro for those who dont want to go through the slide show...or at least make it move faster...I read fast and it was slow for me..although I suppose you wanted us to take the time and appreciate the butterflies and relax...?

Agree with other comments and look forward to ging back. Great Job.
              Beezz
              sigpic

http://www.bzzybeezwordz.blogspot.com

Comment

gets better each time. Could you maybe split the poem into two pages side by side or do a thing with a page turning or......I'm sorry I think that the bg with tiled effect is not the look u r after. It is really better and it will continue to get better. There is nothing wrong with it if U like it, but u want to attract others so, u need the input and u will get it here, keep after it,. I meant to say last post thet it is not always easy, I know. The biggest help is LOOK at other site that are in some way like yours, ones that r trying to convey the same message.
                Choco777
                www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

Few comments:
                  -Your home page is not titled.
                  -Your header seems out of focus. Checkout other pages where it is crisp.
                  -Several pages need to be centered.
                  Bill
                  www.blueearthtea.com
                  www.ftaaconsulting.com
                  www.iaval.com
                  www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

I like the new direction....I think it will be much cleaner and more attractive to visitors with the refinements.

I would suggest trying something a little different, though, not by changing/resizing things, but in the order of how they are laid out:

1. I would put "The Butterfly Project" header at the very top (above the butterfly with the text box at top edge of BV page), and make this text box background transparent. >> If you are using an image to present this font and are unable to make transparent, then you might wish to view your page in someone else's computer as well to determine if your BradleyHand font is presenting or being replaced as well....font shift is common, and often goes unnoticed by us as we design our sites.....You may have to select another Font for your header/site.

2. Under the header will next stack your Menu....*You can leave this in the exact spot it is in now.

3. Then, the text "Find Your Wings" (actually a little larger + bold?) 'centered' smack across the butterfly, and becoming the focal point of the page.

4. Then, lower on the page (toward the bottom of the butterfly) your 2nd text box....same size, as-is (just lowered)

5. And lastly, under the text in #4 above, your 'Tagline' "From The ButterflyPoem.org" (which has been edited to lose the semi-colon and set in italics) which becomes a nice finishing touch to it all....do not move it other than to lower it to the bottom, still a bit closer to the bottom of the text above = "linked"

I think this would be not only logically more defined, it would be asthetically "balanced" and inviting. What do you think?
                    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Wow! Okay, I'll try it!

I am honored that you took so much time to give me in depth advice. Thanks Vasili!

Comment

Wait! There's more!

I have been trying to find an email SOMEWHERE for you....I want to send you a BV page I mocked up for you....you can open it in BV, providing you save it to My Documents and look for it via BV....

It's really quite simple, but should save you a lot of fiddling around....

(I tried to Preview it, but the Image won't display....you can see how I laid it out, though, and if need be you can re-import it accordingly.)

Maybe it's best if you email me first, and then I can reply with the file.
                        (This way, it's not posted in here.....)

Comment

wings@thebutterflypoem.org

or

thepurplebutterfly05******.com

I can't wait!

Comment

La-ti-di-la-la-laaaa
                            Hmmmmm....lalilalotitotoo!
                            What is taking so long????

Harumph! <drumming fingers on my roller-mouse >
                            Ok...smoke break!
                            "Cindy! Take my calls....I have my cell. NB time. Maybe in the meantime you can put the daily register on my desk?"

< walking out to my terrace >

Comment

I got a really nice email from Our Butterfly Lady.......(she liked it).

But, the night draws nigh o'er the horizon of Dreamland, prompting her to return to the opportunity in the new morn!

Anticipation, my Friends...anticipation!

"Thanks, Cindy.....Good Night! I promise to leave by 2, alright?"

Comment

Working...
                              X