Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please help me - this is probably easy...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help me - this is probably easy...

This is probably something real easy to fix, I just cannot seem to fix it.

My website that is up right now - www.perfectlyspoiledbaby.com has a link bar that is made up of pictures with hyperlinks on each page.

I tried to make it more professional by adding shared borders to my pages.

After doing so, when I open my new webpage (which I have not posted yet), I see the layout is a mess on larger screens. The left border is not connected to the actual pages table and you can see the background images in the middle of the screen. I am not going to upload it this way, but I have included pictures of what I am talking about. Please help.

My current page looks like this:

The shared borders problem looks like this:

Re: Please help me - this is probably easy...

Hi... Ijust looked at the page by following the link you posted and it doesn'y look too bad. The only thing I did notice near the top of the code (not the code you listed here bu your current code form the actual webpage) is that one of your cells ( <td> ) is trying to be 181% wide. This would make it 81% wider than your specified table width.

My honest advice would be to never use the automatic coding functions within FrontPage. this such as Insert Component, Insert Navigation etc. They really do tend to do more harm than good and they are also the reason you will hear so many webmasters saying that FrontPage is a load of garbage. It does produce a lot of garbage and a lot of un-necessary code when these options are used.

FPRULES

Comment

frontpage has such problem, try use Dreamweaver :P
      James
      FLV converter
      Roller shutters manufacturer

Comment

I'm only going to say that you are asking to be banned by all the major se's - and will be - if you keep the page as it is - with all the hidden text.

That is one of the worst cases of black hat seo I've ever seen.
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

HI,

I just couldnt help taking a peep at your webpage. Very nice artwork and layout. Your page was nicely centered on my 17" LCD screen. The only distortion was your text "Order Now" was hovering over your copyright text at the bottom of the page.

I have a high speed connection and my computer is considered pretty fast
          even then it took a few long agonising minutes for all your photos and background to load, they must be real heavy stuff to take such a long time to load. I am one of those not so patient surfer if the above happens when I am online>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I would just move on to another website.

I have a sneaky feeling you did not resize your photos and graphics so that they will load almost instantly when previewed in a browser.
          www.siapamoyanganda.com/
          Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
          State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

candiss everett:

Sorry Bethers I don't know what a black hat is, but being way over 40 I need to have my monitor resolution set to 800 X 600 and I really hate to side scroll. However, your cakes look so good I wish I were a moth.

Comment

Thanks everyone. I don't know what a black hat is either.

Comment

Candis,

For starters

<meta name="keywords" content="houston baby shower diaper cakes, baby shower favors, houston baby shower favors, houston baby shower, houston diaper cakes, free delivery in houston, diaper cakes, baby shower diaper cake, diaper cake centerpeice, baby shower diaper cake, baby shower cake, houston baby shower cake, houston baby gifts, diaper cake, diaper cakes, diapercake, diapercakes, baby shower diaper cake, baby diaper cakes, baby diaper cake, baby gift cake, baby cake diaper, baby cakes, diaper cake, baby shower diaper cakes, shower games, free baby shower game, diaper gift basket, baby cookie bouquet, baby gift basket, diaper cake centerpiece, free baby shower ideas, moon and stars, unique baby gift, baby gifts, shower favors, baby shower gifts, baby shower, newborn baby gift, baby girl gift, baby cakes, babycakes, baby boy gift, baby gift, shower centerpiece, newborn, diaper, diapers, free, new mom gifts, new baby gift, gifts, sweet prince, sweet princess, little one, little girl, little boy, unborn baby gift, new born baby gift, baby announcements, baby invitations, newborn, personalized gifts, designer baby gifts, baby shower corsages, towel cakes, hot baby gifts, sugar and spice, baby shower gift sets, gift sets, baby bottle centerpiece, baby shower centerpiece, clear umbrellas, stork shower, baby stork">
                Youve listed all of that as being on your page as your keywords. Not only is it keyword stuffed, its FAR TOO MANY. If its NOT on your page, it doesnt belong in your meta tags.

And then you have this hidden behind your background

<p><font face="Arial Narrow" color="#FCF3F9"><span style="font-size: 0.5pt">&nbsp;</span></font><font face="Arial Narrow" color="#FCF3F9" style="font-size: 0.5pt">Alabama
                diaper cake AL Birmingham Alabama Huntsville Alabama Mobile Alabama Montgomery
                Alabama Tuscaloosa Alabama Alaska Anchorage Alaska diaper cake AK Fairbanks
                Alaska Juneau Alaska Arizona diaper cake AZ Flagstaff Arizona Phoenix Arizona
                Prescott Arizona Sierra Vista Arizona Tucson Arizona Yuma Arizona Arkansas
                diaper cake AK Ft. Smith Arkansas Hot Springs Arkansas Hot Springs Arkansas
                Little Rock Arkansas Pine Bluff Arkansas California diaper cake CA Bakersfield
                California Fresno California Lake Tahoe California Los Angeles California
                Beverly Hills California Modesto California Monterey California Oakland
                California Oceanside California Oxnard California Oxnard California **** Springs
                California Riverside California Sacramento California San Bernardino California
                San Diego California San Francisco California San Jose California Santa Barbara
                California Santa Rosa California Stockton California Ventura California Colorado
                diaper cake Boulder Colorado CO Colorado Springs Colorado Denver Colorado Ft.
                Collins Colorado Greeley Colorado Pueblo Colorado Connecticut diaper cake
                Bridgeport Connecticut CT Greenwich Connecticut Hartford Connecticut New Haven
                Connecticut New London Connecticut Stamford Connecticut Stratford Connecticut
                Waterbury Connecticut Delaware diaper cake DE Dover Delaware Wilmington Delaware
                Florida diaper cake FL Daytona Beach Florida Ft. Lauderdale Florida Fort
                Lauderdale Ft. Myers Florida Fort Myers Jacksonville Florida Lakeland Florida
                Melbourne Florida Miami Florida Orlando Florida Pensacola Florida St. Petersburg
                Florida Saint Petersburg Sarasota Florida Tallahassee Florida Tampa Florida
                Titusville Florida West **** Beach Florida Winter Haven Florida Georgia diaper
                cake Albany Georgia Atlanta Georgia Augusta Georgia Columbus Georgia Macon
                Georgia Savannah Georgia Hawaii diaper cake Honolulu Hawaii Idaho diaper cake
                Boise Idaho Idaho Falls Idaho Pocatello Idaho Twin Falls Idaho Illinois diaper
                cake IL Bloomington Illinois Champaign Illinois Chicago Illinois Decatur
                Illinois ! Rockford Illinois Rock Island Illinois Springfield Illinois Urbana
                Illinois Indiana diaper cake IN Anderson Indiana Bloomington Indiana Elkhart
                Indiana Evansville Indiana Ft. Wayne Illinois diaper cake IL Fort Wayne Illinois
                Indianapolis Illinois Lafayette Illinois Muncie Illinois South Bend Illinois
                Terre Haute Illinois Iowa IA diaper cake IO Bettendorf Iowa Cedar Rapids Iowa
                Council Bluffs Iowa Davenport Iowa Des Moines Iowa Sioux City Iowa Kansas diaper
                cake KS City Kansas Lawrence Kansas Manhattan Kansas Salina Kansas Topeka Kansas
                Wichita Kansas Kentucky diaper cake KY Ashland Kentucky Bowling Green Kentucky
                Covington Kentucky Frankfort Kentucky Lexington Kentucky Louisville Kentucky
                Newport Kentucky Owensboro Kentucky Louisiana diaper cake LA Baton Rouge
                Louisiana Lafayette Louisiana Monroe Louisiana New Orleans Louisiana Shreveport
                Louisiana Maine diaper cake ME Auburn Maine Augusta Maine Bangor Maine Lewiston
                Maine Portland Maine Maryland diaper cake MD Annapolis Maryland Baltimore
                Maryland Frederick, Maryland Hagerstown Maryland Massachusetts diaper cake MA
                Boston Massachusetts New Bedford Massachusetts Springfield Massachusetts
                Worcester Massachusetts Michigan diaper cake MI Ann Arbor Michigan Detroit
                Michigan Flint Michigan Grand Rapids Michigan Kalamazoo Michigan Lansing
                Michigan Saginaw Michigan Minnesota diaper cake MN Duluth Minnesota Minneapolis
                Minnesota Rochester Minnesota St. Cloud Minnesota Saint Cloud Minnesota St. Paul
                Minnesota Saint Paul Minnesota Mississippi MS Biloxi Mississippi Gulfport
                Mississippi Hattiesburg Mississippi Jackson Mississippi Meridian Mississippi
                Missouri diaper cake MO Billings Montana Butte Montana Great Falls Montana
                Helena Montana Missoula Montana Nebraska diaper cake NE Grand Island Nebraska
                Lincoln Nebraska Omaha Nebraska Nevada diaper cake NV Carson City Nevada Las
                Vegas Nevada Reno Nevada New Hampshire Concord New Hampshire Manchester New
                Hampshire Nashua New Hampshire New Mexico diaper cake NM Albuquerque New Mexico
                Las Cruces New Mexico Santa Fe New Mexico New! York Gi ft Basket NY Albany New
                York Binghamton New York Buffalo New York Elmira New York New York City New York
                Niagara Falls New York Rochester New York Schenectady New York Syracuse New York
                Utica New York North Carolina diaper cake NC Asheville North Carolina Chapel
                Hill North Carolina diaper cake NC Charlotte North Carolina Durham North
                Carolina Fayetteville North Carolina Gastonia North Carolina Greensboro North
                Carolina High Point North Carolina Raleigh North Carolina Wilmington North
                Carolina Winston Salem North Carolina North Dakota diaper cake ND Bismarck North
                Dakota Fargo North Dakota Grand Forks North Dakota Ohio diaper cake OH Akron
                Ohio Canton Ohio Cincinnati Ohio Cleveland Ohio Columbus Ohio Dayton Ohio
                Massillon Ohio Springfield Ohio Toledo Ohio Warren Ohio Youngstown Ohio Oklahoma
                diaper cake OK Lawton Oklahoma Norman Oklahoma Oklahoma City Oklahoma Tulsa
                Oklahoma Oregon diaper cake OR Eugene Oregon Portland Oregon Salem Oregon
                Pennsylvania diaper cake PA Allentown Pennsylvania Altoona Pennsylvania
                Bethlehem Pennsylvania Erie Pennsylvania Harrisburg Pennsylvania Johnstown
                Pennsylvania Lancaster Pennsylvania Philadelphia Pennsylvania Pittsburg
                Pennsylvania Reading Pennsylvania Scranton Pennsylvania Wilkes Barre
                Pennsylvania Rhode Island diaper cake RI Newport Rhode Island Providence Rhode
                Island South Carolina Charleston South Carolina Columbia South Carolina
                Greenville South Carolina Myrtle Beach South Carolina Spartanburg South Carolina
                South Dakota Black Hills South Dakota Pierre South Dakota Rapid City South
                Dakota Sioux Falls South Dakota Tennessee diaper cake TX Bristol Tennessee
                Chattanooga Tennessee Johnson City Tennessee Kingsport Tennessee Kingsport
                Tennessee Knoxville Tennessee Memphis Tennessee Nashville Tennessee Texas
                Tennessee Amarillo Texas diaper cake TX Amarillo Texas Austin Texas Beaumont
                Texas Corpus Christi Texas Dallas Texas El Paso Texas Ft. Worth Texas Fort Worth
                Texas Galveston Texas Houston Texas Laredo Texas Lubbock Texas McAllen Texas
                Odessa Texas San Antonio Texas Wa! co Texas Wichita Falls Texas Utah diaper cake
                UT Logan Utah Ogden Utah Orem Utah Provo Utah Salt Lake City Utah Vermont diaper
                cake VT Barre Vermont Burlington Vermont Montpelier Vermont Virginia diaper cake
                VA Alexandria Virginia Arlington Virginia Charlottesville Virginia Hampton
                Virginia Lynchburg Virginia Newport News Virginia Norfolk Virginia Petersburg
                Virginia Portsmouth Virginia Richmond Virginia Roanoke Virginia Virginia Beach
                Virginia Washington diaper cake WA Bellingham Washington Olympia Washington
                Seattle Washington Spokane Washington Tacoma Washington Yakima Washington D.C.
                West Virginia diaper cake WV Charleston West Virginia Huntington West Virginia
                Wheeling West Virginia Wisconsin diaper cake WI *****ton Wisconsin Beloit
                Wisconsin Green Bay Wisconsin Janesville Wisconsin Kenosha Wisconsin La Crosse
                Wisconsin Madison Wisconsin Milwaukee Wisconsin Oshkosh Wisconsin Racine
                Wisconsin Sheboygan Wisconsin Superior Wisconsin Wyoming diaper cake WY Casper
                Wyoming Cheyenne Wyoming</font></TD></TR>
                <TR vAlign="top" align="center">
                <TD align="center" height="19" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" width="834">
                <div style="border:1px solid #7B59A5; padding-center: 4; padding-right: 4; padding-top: 1; padding-bottom: 1">
                <b><FONT class=bk9><font color="#7B59A5">&#169; 2006 Perfectly Spoiled Baby All
                Rights Reserved. </font> <a href="privacy.htm"><font color="#7B59A5">
                Privacy
                Policy.</font></a></a><a href="privacy.htm"><font color="#7B59A5">
                </font> </a> </FONT>
                </b>
                </div>
                </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></DIV>
                All of this is known as SPAM and as BLACKHAT SEO trying to fool the SE into thinking your page is relevant to all those terms you used. could be why you have NO PAGE RANK

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                02036089024 / United Kingdom
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

And that's black hat SEO! Which can even get you banned by search engines.
                  Beth
                  A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                  SEO - The Basics

Comment

And that's black hat SEO! Which can even get you banned by search engines.
                    Beth and Karen know there stuff, so I would agree, you would need to sort this out before anything else.
                    www.anxietynomore.co.uk
                    The U.K's largest independent site for help with Anxiety and Panic issues.

Buy and Source Wholesale Make Up
                    Up to 75% off Branded top end Make-up.

www.firstwebcall.com
                    Affordable Website Design.

www.anxietynomore.co.uk/blog

The most active blog on anxiety on the net.

Comment

Working...
                    X