PDA

View Full Version : URL returns TO iNDEX - LIST OF PAGES

John Morley
08-07-2006, 01:50 PM
Guys,

My url pgn.co.za is an add on domain to my main account. When I try to access ii returns an INDEX LIST of pages instead of the home page.
I also notice in the control panel file manager, all the pages in the "pgn" folder are still "bv" pages not html.

Any suggestions?

Regards,

John Morley

davidundalicia
08-07-2006, 03:47 PM
Have you by any chance UPLOADED your bvp files instead of publishing them ??

John Morley
08-07-2006, 08:43 PM
Hi David,

Yes, I did upload the pages.
Prior to doing so I had previously "published" the same pages without having the desired effect. So I then uploaded the same pages to see if that would work .

Regards,

John

davidundalicia
08-07-2006, 09:56 PM
If you still have the original pages in BV(I assume you have)
use bv FTP and delete all the bvp pages on your website...
then republish your index page making sure that you have selected your addon domain folder/directory.......
then test your website again....

If the same thing occurs I would put in a support ticket, because if you are doing everything correctly, then this should not be happening.

AVC Associates
08-09-2006, 04:28 PM
I have also just published the "home" page for AVC-Associates. The page is named "index" and when I type in www.avc-associates.com (http://www.avc-associates.com) I also see an index list of URLs. I used the publish button on BlueVoda website builder. What is the problem?

davidundalicia
08-09-2006, 11:59 PM
Your home page is displaying ok now...............

kyagulanyi
08-19-2006, 07:05 PM
I have published the index page but it shows a list files including an index one (which is the only thing I expected to see) and the pictures that I used to build the page including disaggregated menu bars. In addition, I have tried to change the DNS numbers as said but it says under my name there is no domain name. I do not know as yet what to do right now as I thought I had got it right but it seems I have not. The site I am trying to build is www.felsconsultants.biz (http://www.felsconsultants.biz)

Anyhelp is highly welcome. I must also add that I have been sincerely very impressed by the level of support of the Voda Host support team.

davidundalicia
08-19-2006, 11:01 PM
If you rename your Index page to index
(small letter I) and then republish your index page
your problem will be solved...............

kyagulanyi
08-20-2006, 02:19 PM
Thanks BG DavidUndalicia, it works. Though the way it comes up is like the pictures are heavy, or something like that - though I pix-resized them. Let me publish the rest and see. At least, the beginning is here and thanks to all of you.