Seperate purchase Required?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seperate purchase Required?

Hi everybody, I have a merchant account already setup but only using a hand held teminal. I want to process online the same customers and need to know if I have to purchase a gateway seperately for the SOHO built in shopping cart or is it already available what to do now? I have been reviewing the posts ,,,but my head is starting to spin a little, so I figure its time to ask......thanks for the help

Re: Seperate purchase Required?

If you want to use a gateway, they yes, you need to arrange for that. If you already have credit card processing - I'd check with that company first - they might provide it for you.

There are also other options - like paypal, for example.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Your credit card processor undoubtedly provides the gateway in your account already, and you need only call then to get the specific link path.

You can immediately being to process online, and the set-up in Soho to add your processor (which may not be default-listed) is a 2 step process, but is still easy.

** When you call your processor, ask about the rate they will charge you for strictly 'online transactions' (ususally higher than your standard rate) and if they have a "combo" rate available....it will save you some money with an average combined rate re-calculated every 90 days! >> With the new requirements (i.e. Secure Visa & MasterCard), you may also wish to comply by adding a Secure Site certificate (also available from VodaHost).
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thanks to all! I'm looking into it now....have a wonderful E-life

Comment

I'm sorry, but I don't see where to start a new post. My question is on Soholaunch and PayPal. My website and cart are working great. But if a customer then goes to use Pay Pal, she is charged another shipping fee on Pay Pal plus the one on the Soho cart. How can I fix this? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
          Sheila

Comment

You either null the shipping charge in the cart or the shipping charge in Paypal's site
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Do I do that myself, and if so, where? Or, does the customer do it when she checks out? Thanks!!
              Sheila

Comment

No, you must do it. In Soho, it is somewhere in the cart options. In Paylal, you should enter your account and fix the details
                Navaldesign
                Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
                X