PDA

View Full Version : Sitemap help please!

moviemedic
08-07-2006, 07:03 PM
Hello to all,

I am trying to create a sitemap. Can anyone tell me what the best way to go about it. I use Dreamweaver 8. I want it to be nice and clean looking and easy to navigate.

Thanks for any input.

bill2006
08-08-2006, 01:24 AM
This post might help:
http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/vodahits-search-engines/3309-your-google-sitemap.html

moviemedic
08-08-2006, 03:05 AM
Bill,
Thanks for the tip. I am going to try and download the site map maker now.

moviemedic
08-08-2006, 03:19 AM
Bill,
I tried to download the site mapper and unless I am mistaken it won't work on a MAC only on a PC . Boo Hoo. Thanks for trying.
I will keep searching for the answer!

bill2006
08-08-2006, 04:24 AM
missed that.
How are you getting BV to work on your MAC - Virtual Windows ?

navaldesign
08-08-2006, 12:23 PM
You can also run ROR directly from their site. It will crawl your site, create the xml file, and you only need to copy it from there, save it on your computer and upload it on your site. Please have a look at other threads on this same forum, and you will see how you have to go on.

moviemedic
08-08-2006, 07:30 PM
Navaldesign,
Thanks, I will try your suggestion.
To Bill, I no longer can use the BV site builder. When my PC crashed I had to go and buy dreamweaver because I purchased a MAC. I was bummed BV was so easy to use, dreamweaver is much more complicated. At least I like to learn. I will be out of town for a week so I might not get to try the site map until I get back.

naghosthunter
10-06-2006, 07:32 PM
got download but when i went to instal it says i need a .net framework and i went to ms to get it and install it and it says cannot install netframework maybe cause i have windows xp home edition.

naghosthunter
10-12-2006, 03:38 PM
never mind went to google and got a sitemap generator it has done well and now i have a sitemap.

aclips
11-07-2006, 10:00 PM
You can always use a the dreamweaver tools, some are free and very prowefull for helping you saving time and do some work for you, just go to adobe/dreamweaver/developer section and serch for the tools

VodaHost
11-10-2006, 06:07 PM
Hello to all,

I am trying to create a sitemap. Can anyone tell me what the best way to go about it. I use Dreamweaver 8. I want it to be nice and clean looking and easy to navigate.

Thanks for any input.

Click the below...

http://www.xml-sitemaps.com/

Ajda
11-23-2006, 12:26 PM
You have many add-ins for Dreamwaver on net.I also use Dreamweaver 8 and I find a lot of add-ins for every.. Try to search in google for Dreamwaver Add-ins and you will find something and maybe for sitemap.