Update a Page, HELP PLEASE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update a Page, HELP PLEASE

Hi guys, I'm sure somebody ask this question before, I just don't know where to find an answer which suit me.

Let say I want to update my index page, made changes saved it etc, now I want to publish it replacing the old one.

1 - Just to make sure, I have to delete the old index in cP, yes / no?
    2 - Should I delete all the files existing in the old page (means pictures - text etc), or just index file and the new page will update the old files?

Thanks guys
    The Producer

Re: Update a Page, HELP PLEASE

just republish it - it will change i do this all the time have changed and published my index page at least 10 time. haven't deleted anything in cP
    Ann
    www.MovingOn1.com - My Travel
    www.BeadedCustomDesigns.com - Jewelry
    www.FantasyManorArtStudio.com - Leather Art

Comment

But I do remember I've sent a ticket regarding that because I had some music background which I've changed in the second index, and Then I got the two - old music and new one - playing together.

I just want to make sure.

Any other opinion?

Thanks guys
      The Producer

Comment

1. NO
        2. NO...

NEVER use the B-FTP to Publish or "delete' pages when updating....do it all in BV, as it simply "re-writes" over previously saved pages.
        > If you want to keep your pages for reference (even in case you mess up somehow while re-doing the new one, and BV locks...) simply re-name the page and SAVE it immediately after opening it up (i.e.: index_retiredAug). When you re-open the orignal index again (after creating an archive, renamed) when finished, simply re-publish.
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

But hang on vasili,

Let's talk a bit technicly,

when publishing, all the files you have in the page go to the folder in cP, when you open in File Manager, you can see index and picture 1 or picture 2 etc.

But what if I remove let say Picture one and I republish the new page, picture one will still exist in the folder isn't it?
          The Producer

Comment

Working...
          X