Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Page size?

Hello

What is the best size for pages width and height. Going by the scale on the website builder I will assume its in pixels.

Doing a page preveiw on my laptop there is a gap on the sides. It would be nice if when someone comes to my website and open it the page fills the screen perfect but I'm sure that might be asking for to much.

Thanks to everybody that has taken the time to help me its very much appreciated.

Steve

Re: Page size?

Hey Steve!

You should always put your page width to x800. Most people have small screen's that demention. Because if you put your width at x1200 - only a fewer people have the new widescreens and people might have to scroll right or left.

So what you should do is make your page width x800 and the height doesn't matter because people can just scroll down. But if you do that, then make sure you centre the page as an option so if I go to your site it will centre the site in the middle of my big screen.

Good luck..
    Best regards,
    Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Hi Stephen. If you set your table width to 100% rather than a number of pixels (eg 800) then it should automatically fill the browser window but.. watch out when doing it this way because your page content will also strecth out of proportion. for example... When people manually strecth and thin the browser window your table and hence the content inside it will also move around.

If you using pixels to define the width I would recommend using more than 800 because a lot of people use a screen resolution of 800x600. Setting the width for more than 800 pixels will mean they have to sideways scroll which is just annoying at the best of times.

People using 1024x768 resolution will see gaps at the sides but this can be quite effective sometimes. Gaps at the side are not a bad thing

;)

FPRULES

Comment

Thanks Jeremy and FPRob

Equal gaps on each side of the page would be ok but how do I make sure when the pages are published that they will be centered?

Comment

Right-click on your BV page background to get "Page Properties" >> click on "Center in Browser"
          Done.

PS- As long as you are in "Page Properties" double-check you page dimensions are indeed 800x600....and this should be checked just before you publish each page....as it may change during the creation process if you click too far out in the background area, or inadvertantly drag an object "out of bounds"
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

I'm glad you popped in here Vas.... I am ok figuring out the problems but I dont use the BlueVoda software so I cant be exact on how to correct issues.

LOL.. great stuff eh... I can tell you what the problem is Stephen but I cant tell you how to fix it LOL

Also in my post above there is a typo....

I would recommend using NO MORE than 800 pixels wide. Sorry abou tthat Stephen.

FPRULES

Comment

Take a look at this thread:
              http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...age-sizes.html
              Beth
              A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
              SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
              X