Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Query before publishing

Hi,
    I will be publishing our website ( domain name; Lochdesignsjewellery)
    in about 2 to 3 months due to being on holidays soon. My query is this. If I publish the home page for peer review by vodahost now, can I then delete the home page after all reviews are in, as I understand that unfinished web sites are not recommended? and I will not have time to finish or publish any linked pages. Or does it not matter as long as the site is not submitted to the search engines.
    Thanks,
    jock.

Re: Query before publishing

That will be fine, when you progress you just republish the site as it improves!
    Bruce Hewitt
    YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE...
    IT MIGHT AS WELL BE TODAY!

http://www.panzoomproperties.com
    http://www.thebabydolls.biz
    bruce@webbrok.com

Comment

Jock of Loch,
      Yes you can publish, and change as many times as you want as you go along. I wouldn't delete the index page you are working on, save it as work in progess or a temp name. www.Lochdesignsjewellery.com/temp this way you can get all the suggestions you want.

What you might want to do is create a "We are under construction, and your message" page and save/publish as a your index. This way users will know something is coming soon.

Have fun
      Bill
      www.blueearthtea.com
      www.ftaaconsulting.com
      www.iaval.com
      www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Have to agree with bill.
        Don't delete the index, just upgrade it and republish
        Bruce Hewitt
        YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE...
        IT MIGHT AS WELL BE TODAY!

http://www.panzoomproperties.com
        http://www.thebabydolls.biz
        bruce@webbrok.com

Comment

Thanks guys,
          will do as you advise,
          Regards,
          Jock

Comment

From your post you already know about this Jock but i thought it was worth a mention for others to see....

It is definitely recommended that unfinished sites are not submitted to search engines. They do not like it at all and will often remove you from the listings.

FPRULES

Comment

Originally posted by FPRob
              From your post you already know about this Jock but i thought it was worth a mention for others to see....

It is definitely recommended that unfinished sites are not submitted to search engines. They do not like it at all and will often remove you from the listings.
              Well, this is definately a discussion topic. Having a "Work in progress" page is not bad at all. And you don't need to submit your site to SE, they WILL find you. And search engines do not - i think - remove a site from their listings just because it isn't ready. They might just not index it. But, they go on visiting it regularly, so when it will be ready, it can be indexed in a shorter time.

I think that you should go on and publish a simple "Under construction" index page, with maybe some contact information if you wish.
              Navaldesign
              Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi,
                so can I gather that the SE's will DEFINITELY not have a problem with an unfinished web-site?
                Jock

Comment

Originally posted by jock of loch
                  Hi,
                  so can I gather that the SE's will DEFINITELY not have a problem with an unfinished web-site?
                  Jock
                  Excactly, on MY opinion
                  Navaldesign
                  Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                  DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                  Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi,
                    good enough for me, will publish a few pages soon, in the review forum.
                    Jock.

Comment

Hi from Phil.C

I have completed 4 pages of about 14 pages for my site and I guess it will grow even bigger in time.

From this thread I can see there are differing opinions on when to publish.

I am thinking of publishing the four pages I have complete and publishing the other pages as "Page under construction." This is so I can see if everything works, forms, e-mail, links etc.

I don't particularly want the SEs to find the site straight away and I don,t want to be banned from an SE for having no content.

Does anyone else have any other opinions on this matter, re whys and why nots????
                      Phil Cartledge (Aussie Phil)

Discover A Simple Approach To Online Business That Locks In Your Success.

Comment

SE do NOT bann, they simply index you (if they do in such a short time) in a lower position. Go on and publish your site. Also, this will shorten the SE indexing time when you will your site indexed.
                        Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                        X