MickiRenee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MickiRenee

Inserting a photo, I get the error message 'Unexpected File Format'. I have tried shrinking, reformating, renaming files and zipping. I can get the original picture to show up, but it is 4 times larger than the page I am working on. I know I am just missing some small step here, but I'm getting ready to go back to the other program I was using. Voda has such great features, but adding an image is becoming too probmatic. Suggestions please???

Re: MickiRenee

BV works great with JPG and GIF formatting...are your file extensions indicating otherwise?

Secondly, it may be that your "photo editor/viewer" you are currently using has different defaults set...in other words, it is possible your utility is not "associating" your images according to the extensions....

Lastly, be sure that your images are originating from an accessible drive: try copying your images straight into your BV Images file before inserting them to your page. They will only populate if they have a file-to-file association as well (I have to remember to turn on my external drive, for instance, as that's where I store all my images).

If the size issue remains, keep in mind your image size can manually be set using the Free pix resizer from VodaHost, and should never be larger than your page (if you page is 800 wide, maybe you largest picture should only be 600 wide??).

VH Pix Resizer Tool
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

moving to elements section.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

So, were you able to fix your pic or do you still need help? Don't give up! What type of file is your picture, what size is it, and where is is located? Inserting pics into BV is very easy as long as you have saved in the right format (jpeg or gif) and located in the right place (BV Images file). I'm not sure why it is showing up so large for you.
        still working on website!

Comment

MickiRenee:

I found Adobi Photoshop 3.0.1 very user friendly and free. In it you can crop, resize, and download to BV very easy. Try this program. If you have a problem learning to use it, repost on this thread and I'll get back to you.
          Sorry *****, repost in adding elements and I'll get back to you.

Comment

You guys were all great, THANK YOU! Yes, I was finally able to get my images on my site and am having a blast playing and experimenting with BlueVoda's software. Apparently my photo software was outdated, and once I downloaded a newer version AND put the folder in my BV file, things are working perfectly. I would like to also say that BlueVoda really does have a wonderful support group. I have gotten several supportive e-mails from them, and I haven't even BOUGHT anything from the yet. I have just been playing with the free web builder software. This is awesome!

Comment

MickiRenee:

Having fun and playing with the tools is the best way to learn. BV is the best place to learn. Most members on this forum learned here and are happy to give new members the benefit of our experence. Aren't the tutorials great?

Comment

Working...
              X