why sometimes is my page nº 1 and other ocasions is it on the third page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why sometimes is my page nº 1 and other ocasions is it on the third page

Does anyone know why sometimes (weeks) my page is nº1 in google and sometimes it's on the third page using always the same words

Re: why sometimes is my page nº 1 and other ocasions is it on the third page

moving to Google section

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by narobe
      Does anyone know why sometimes (weeks) my page is nº1 in google and sometimes it's on the third page using always the same words
      You are in a competition and if you stand still you will not be moving....
      Google normally reindexes the whole web every 4 weeks(more or less)
      and static sites(i.e. no changes) get moved around and other sites with constant updates get moved up.

Try to make some changes now and then...(google loves changes)

Add new content and content rich keywords....It all helps.
      Have fun
      Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
      Newbies / Beginners Forum
      FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
      My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
      Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Try not to use keywords that many other people are using. Sometimes there is no choice but lets say you have a website about dogs... The most common keywords will be dog, dogs, canine (amoungst others).

If everybody is using the same keywords then you are bound to hit ranking problems.

FPRULES

Comment

New sites can bump others off for a while, but I have found it is not worth too much worrying about - what goes down seems to come back up!

I use a tool for monitoring my Limebrook site (it has been established for well over a year now). Without me doing anything, for a few weeks it seems to plummet down, then suddenly it is back to getting 'excellent' ratings again! If I got hung up everytime it went down I would be a nervous wreck!

I use the number of visitors to guage how well it is doing - if the number of visitors keeps going up, then people are finding me in the searches.

I also find (by looking at Awstats) that people are using different keywords and combinations of keywords to find me than I would ever have thought of! Just monitoring the keywords which I thought would be the main ones don't mean very much!

One of the most popular searches which leads people to the Mountain Walk site is 'deaths on ben nevis'! I would never have thought of that, and it certainly isn't in my meta tags!!!!

If you concentrate on good content which the search engines can index well they should be sending traffic your way, even if the words you originally thought would be key don't have you at the top!
          Trish
          www.Limebrook.com
          www.MountainWalk.co.uk
          www.MyBeardedDragons.co.uk
          www.TucsonForBeginners.com
          www.Pets4kids.info

Comment

There are also MANY different Google sites - so when you search on Google - you might not always be hitting the same IP address - and your site might not be in exactly the same place on each -

Be happy that you're in the first 3 pages all the time - and keep doing what you're doing - and hopefully, you'll get to the first 2, then first page on all of them.

Be careful of using the keywords from awstats as the only way to tell - people that find you with those are because those are the ones that you are ranking with. You DO want to rank with the more generic and harder to get to keywords - but that takes a lot longer - sure is worthwhile when it happens tho :)
            Beth
            A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thanks to all of you this week I´m back to the first page I try and use a bit about what you have all said
              Thanks again

Comment

Working...
              X