BMW Busted by Google

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BMW Busted by Google

Courtesy of BBC News and a good lesson for everybody :)

"Search giant Google has "blacklisted" German car manufacturer BMW for breaching its guidelines. Investigations by Google found that BMW's German website influenced search results to ensure top ranking when users searched for "used car". Google has now reduced BMW's page rank to zero, ensuring the company no longer appears at the top. BMW admitted using so-called "doorway pages" to boost search rankings, but denied any attempt to mislead users"

ROFL <splits his sides laughing>

FPRULES

Re: BMW Busted by Google

Yeah, this is a good post and serves as a warning. Google is clamping down on spam results. pet121

Comment

It's true, what Pet121 says is sooo true.. And if they do it to a corporate giant like BMW then they won't have any problem at all with people like you and I.

FPRULES

Comment

You have no idea how fed up I am with Google and their agenda to permeate the net with their advertising schemes.
        They are still trying to make it look like they are the "good cop" with their "justifications" of protecting Users from spam, *********, and encumberances.

Little Google has grown up to be more like Bam-Bam of the Flintstones. Anyone smell that? I imagine the little darling has a diaper full of **** and needs changing........in the meantime, we gag.
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

I totally agree Vasili.... Ahhhh back to the days when Google genuinely was a good company to deal with, no fuss, no ad's, no hidden agenda. It's all changesdin the face of corporate monstrosity though.

FPRULES

Comment

It is simple.. Google is a big establishment.. and a pretty good one too.. I know many people dislike Google, but lets be real, Google is only doing what others would like to do, but cannot.. Not to mention Google's advertising schemes are also benefiting some ordinary people like you and me.. I know that for sure.

BMW breached the deal and deserve what they got, just as you would penalize them if they breached a deal with you.. I love German cars and some Germans too, but not the cheats..lol

Lately, Google was estimated at $120 Billion.. I think this is inflated, but even if they are worth half of that, don't tell me you have $60Billion worth of change between your couch cushions..!! They must have done something commercially viable to get there.. Good for them.

Comment

What you say is true Carlos.. I use Adsense and I'm real happy with it.. But they defintely abuse their position :)

FPRULES

Comment

Working...
              X