Published page said successful, old page still showing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Published page said successful, old page still showing

Good morning. I made a change to one of my pages and published it. The message said it was successful, however when I go online to my page (and refresh the page), the old page is still showing (From my web site it's the rennovation tab).

Any suggestions?

thanks,dmk1
    www.brucejoronte.com

Re: Published page said successful, old page still showing

Originally posted by dmk1
    Good morning. I made a change to one of my pages and published it. The message said it was successful, however when I go online to my page (and refresh the page), the old page is still showing (From my web site it's the rennovation tab).

Any suggestions?

thanks,dmk1
    www.brucejoronte.com
    Hello Bruce..
    Check the name of the page you uploaded.. The page that is referenced by the link is ../renovate.html. The new published page must carry the same name, same spelling, case sensitive to replace the old one..

If all ok, try publishing again.. It may have, for some reason, failed to publish despite the message.. Ensure that it is published in the public_html folder.

Comment

I always speak to soon. I realized that I uploaded the page to my other site directory, so it wasn't showing up... I published it to the correct directory and now I see the page.
      Thanks.
      dmk1
      www.brucejoronte.com

Comment

If I want to change a page that has been published, am I wrong in thinking that if I make changes and publish again it willoverwritw the old one? Or is it not that simple?
        Sorry Im being dumb!

Comment

Originally posted by lizzy
          If I want to change a page that has been published, am I wrong in thinking that if I make changes and publish again it willoverwritw the old one? Or is it not that simple?
          Sorry Im being dumb!
          Not a dumb question.. and the answer is yes..
          Chenge your page in BV then re-publish.. the new page will over-ride the old one as long as it has an identical name.

Comment

What is dumb, however, is to spell the word 'Change' with an 'e'.. like 'Chenge'...
            lol

Comment

Ha ha I am sooooooooo tired I have bin at this all day and I cant get the new pages to publish let alone my form to send the info to my hotmail! Time for a rest me thinks! But thanks, maybe I am expecting it to respond too quickly!

Comment

I too am having this trouble and now think I used a cloned page and forgot to rename it so it got published as the 'index' name; so when I am trying to overwrite with another page titled 'furniture', it just isn't happening. How can I amend this?
                Janice www.thewhiteidea.com.au Thanks, and hope I am doing this properly.

Comment

Probably the easiest thing to do is to go into your cpanel - public_html and delete the page you don't want and then republish the one you want...I always do that when I goof...lolol
                  Beezz
                  sigpic

http://www.bzzybeezwordz.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                  X