voda or soho?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• voda or soho?

I just got bv today. I haven't even really started working with it yet. What I really need is a site to sell my jewelry on. Should I start with the voda and then add the soho???? or just get the soho? We don't have our small business liscence yet so it will be awhile before I can sell anything anyways but I wanted to get working...

Re: voda or soho?

never thought i would be saying this....but....go to the forum search and type in "blue voda or soho" and you will find tons of threads discussing the differences. You can also check in the Soholuanch forum and general BV forum and Presales Forum and find several pros and cons discussed. I'm too lazy to type it all again and I went throught the same thing as you!
    still working on website!

Comment

thanks! out of curiousity.. which one did you go with?

Comment

using bv for site pages....experimented with Soho for the shopping cart...still undecided on cart...you have to decide what fits your business requirements and style as they are totally different animals. read up on both, experiment with both and you will soon see what works for you.

Comment

Island crazy gave you good advice. There are many shopping carts out there - you need to find which one will do what YOU want it to do - and which website builder you like.
          Beth
          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

I'm giggling as I read that, Bethers...cause I was asking the same question a month ago and wondering why no one would tell me which to choose!! LOL NOW I UNDERSTAND why everyone said, "experiment" to find the best match for your needs!!! Ya'll are right!

Comment

Too Funny!

True......one of the often overlooked benefits of being a VodaHost customer is the unbridled support for personal creativity and the abundance of technologies to make that happen......
              . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
              * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Well, it took me 2 months to decide that Soho wasn't for me - because the cart won't do things I need it to do - but it WILL work for others - so, everyone needs to experiment and find what they NEED - and, yep - it was frustrating for me when I felt I wasted 2 months - but I didn't - cuz I learned so much!

So, I'll giggle with you islandcrazy!
                Beth
                A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                SEO - The Basics

Comment

Have to agree with all that’s said, it’s very hard to please everyone. One thing that I wish more carts would provide is the facility to have a visitors purchases total up on the same page as you’re shopping on, & not keep going to another page with your bill on & then ask if you want to carry on shopping. Must take age’s if you’re on dial up & trying to order lots of items. But try this link, its paypals list of carts. Lots of them have demo’s. Should give you some idea's on which way to go.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=xpt/cps/bizui/IntegrationThirdParty-outside

Good luck.

Chris.
                  Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Carts load pretty quickly on dial-up (php is fast) but if there are a lot of images or graphical elements, it will slow back down again.

And, most pro carts do have a running "total" at the top of the template that indicates item count and dollar total.....the same incremental data that is subject to "Update" on the "View Cart" page (the transactional "index" page)
                    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
                    X