how do I install any script

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do I install any script

I am afraid I am loosing sleep on that, so you have to bear with me.
    In fantastico we have lots of lovely scripts to choose from. I am not sure if all my settings are right so I can install any script. So I need to hear from anybody what is the process.
    1- I think Firstly you need to create a folder in your domain to host this script, correct?
    2-do you do that in the control panel somewhere?
    3-then does my site need to be parked or not to install anything on it?
    4-does it have to be a subdomain?
    5-is it normal to get in you web browser an index of all your folders when you enter your web adress, so the all world can admire the construction?
    thank you

Re: how do I install any script

Originally posted by smitone
    I am afraid I am loosing sleep on that, so you have to bear with me.
    In fantastico we have lots of lovely scripts to choose from. I am not sure if all my settings are right so I can install any script. So I need to hear from anybody what is the process.
    1- I think Firstly you need to create a folder in your domain to host this script, correct?

Scripts can be installed anywhere. However, most scripts usually create an similarly named pages, starting from "index" page, so this could create conflicts . So it's a good rule to install every script in it's own folder. You don't have to create the folder. When you install a script through Fantastico, the installation wizard will ask you for the folder to install the script into, and it will create the folder automatically.

2-do you do that in the control panel somewhere?

As said above, you do not need to create a folder. However, if, generally speaking, you want to create a folder, you can do it either through your CP, File Manager, or simply connect with BlueFTP, and then click on File, New Folder.

3-then does my site need to be parked or not to install anything on it?

Not sure what you mean. You can install any script while your site is active.

4-does it have to be a subdomain?

Some scripts will require not a simple folder, but a subdomain. Ths is f.e. the case of Soholaunch. A subdomain is a folder on your site which is declared to the system as subdomain. A simple folder is only accessible with a link of the following type: http://www.yourdomain.com/foldername

A subdomain is accessible BOTH the way above AND as http://www.subdomainfoldername.yoursite.com This means it is directly accessible.

5-is it normal to get in you web browser an index of all your folders when you enter your web adress, so the all world can admire the construction?

Yes it is, if you have not yet published an "index" page. As soon as you do, the page will show instead of the site content.
    thank you
    Hope this helps.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
    X