Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice needed please

Hi

When my web site comes up in the search engine, directing it to the home page it looks like this:

Google search
    Natural Relief from Anxiety and Panic
    £9.99/$18. At Last A Life The Book £12.99/$24. AnxietyNoMore. For a Natural Anxiety and Panic Cure ... http://www.anxietynomore.co.uk/anxiety_explained.html ...

MSN search
    ... postal order then please go to the contact page for payment details. If you need to ask me anything at all about my book or any other aspect of my website then emails are always welcome. anxietynomore ... What I want it to say is this:

Anxiety and Panic site put together by ex-sufferer Paul David. You will find plenty of valuable free information here, from someone who went through it and came out the other side

Can anybody explain to me why the description of my site is coming out as it is with no information of what the site is all about. Any advice of what I need to do to change this would be rally appreciated.

Thanks

Sara

www.anxietynomore.co.uk

Re: Advice needed please

Hi Sara, some search engines will automatically read the first few lines of text that are on the page and display them. Even if that text happens to be your menu buttons.. The description in search engines could easily read "home, about, contact.. etc".

Other search engines go by the title of the page and others go by the description of the page.

I think you may find it impossible to get every search engine to say exactly what you want it to say.

I find it useful to have my title and description containing the same text (the title being a cut down version of the description).

It doesn't always work though. Especially in the more obscure engines.

FPRULES

Comment

Thanks for that. The text it is picking up is at the end of the page, that is what is confusing me. Also every other site I come across through the search engine seems to have the correct description.

Just looks very untidy for anyoe who comes across it.

Regards Paul
      www.anxietynomore.co.uk

Comment

Yeah thats the other things..... some will list the description as...

Hello welcome to my site.......... and thanks for visiting have a nice day completely missing out the middle part. I reckon they thinnk that some how this is useful to us but nooooo. As we can see. It isn't.

Hmmmm *** confusion*** LOL

how come the first post is signed Sara and the second one Paul? :) :) :)

FPRULES

Comment

Moving to search engine forum.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

That was my partner who wrote the first one then I took over.

I have no confusion over who I am lol.

Thanks anyway mate.

I have changed a couple of things so hopefully the next time it searches it may come up different.

Fingers crossed : )

Paul/Sara
            www.anxietynomore.co.uk

Comment

What SE will do is grab snippets of info relative to the search term/string entered. No harm done here, pet121

Comment

Working...
              X