Membership Script!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Membership Script!

I am looking for a Membership Script for one of my WebSites.
    I am not familiar with some of the Scripts that are provided with this Service, But maybe there is one already on my CP?

Anyway, i would greatly appreciate any recommendations that you have had experience with.

Thank You

Jim Keefer

Re: Membership Script!

Good Morning, Jim!

If you were more specific on what you are trying to accomplish, I might have some suggested solutions.....

For example, are you asking to have visitors "sign in" to have access to your site or specific pages? Or, are you looking for a tool to automatically assign passwords?
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

I am wanting to have a Membership Site that will have the capabilities to collect Monthly Payment, and alow Sign-in to access certain Portions of the Web Site.

Thanks
      Jim

Comment

I would also like to know how to create a membership log-in to effectively "password-protect" defined pages within my site.

I.e. I would let the world see a few pages only, such as the index page,and the rest would be "members access only".
        Could someone please explain how to achieve this?

Comment

check out www.amember.com

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

That's what I was looking for! Thanks!!

Comment

Nope not that one! LOL! Is there one that doesn't cost?

Comment

Originally posted by caroo
                Nope not that one! LOL! Is there one that doesn't cost?

may be of use? http://www.interlogy.com/products/pmb/index.html

Chris
                Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Originally posted by Collectors-info
                  thank you! I will try that out!

wow! what an awesome site! thanx again chris!

Comment

i found a warning at cnet for this download (trojan horse)...so i did not download. do you have any info on this?

Comment

Originally posted by caroo
                      i found a warning at cnet for this download (trojan horse)...so i did not download. do you have any info on this?
                      Not off hand. But check what date this was posted if it was on a forum or comments area. If not, just put a search on Google for free membership script or software.

Chris.
                      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

hey just an update I did something foolish and downloaded the freescript from interlogy. Seems all fine until In used it on my server Now there is folder "e" where i store the files and then when it is done the program will not execute says the page is missing. I have uploaded twice and get the same result. I want to delete my "e" folder but it would not allow me to do that so I finally deleted all my files at my main domain the domain folder and upload again but the "e" folder still appears. Now it is stuck on my server. i dont know how to delete the stupid folder even when i deleted the bigger folder it is in it still reappears. Geez hope it does not have some undesirable consequences in the future.

So don't use it.

i have purchased a membership script from a paid scripting company. It will be installed in two days for me :)

Comment

The membership scripts from Interology have been noted for containing Trojans (previously mentioned in our Forum). Sorry you got bit!

Some scripts (Free) might suffice from HotScripts.com, but VodaHost recommends altrasoft.com and http://www.amember.com/ (as mentioned above!)

Comment

Yes Vasili my carelessness thanks for noting and caring:) do you know how to get rid of the stuck e folder anyway in my server? I have tried deleting all my folders and making new ones it is not working

Comment

Depending on what you really have in your host account worth preserving, and what can be easily replaced, I would consider having it completely reset by VodaHost.

If you already have secure Folders of original work on a HD, then it is a simple re-load.....and installing utilities is such a snap anyway, it will take you no time to re-load them.

This is the perfect time to truly pencil a real logical website plan, so you can maximize your time and sequential development.
                              * If you are truly having such difficulties as a virus on your computer, having to reload windows, etc. I would recommend investing a few dollars for another unit -- if at all possible. And, quite possibly, your last Windows load was corrupted as well.

Start solutions on firm foundations, and they will weather any challenge!

Comment

Working...
                              X