PDA

View Full Version : Membership Script!

nitehawk58
08-11-2006, 06:44 PM
I am looking for a Membership Script for one of my WebSites.
I am not familiar with some of the Scripts that are provided with this Service, But maybe there is one already on my CP?

Anyway, i would greatly appreciate any recommendations that you have had experience with.

Thank You

Jim Keefer

Vasili
08-11-2006, 06:58 PM
Good Morning, Jim!

If you were more specific on what you are trying to accomplish, I might have some suggested solutions.....

For example, are you asking to have visitors "sign in" to have access to your site or specific pages? Or, are you looking for a tool to automatically assign passwords?

nitehawk58
08-11-2006, 09:27 PM
I am wanting to have a Membership Site that will have the capabilities to collect Monthly Payment, and alow Sign-in to access certain Portions of the Web Site.

Thanks
Jim

tcollen
08-14-2006, 01:28 PM
I would also like to know how to create a membership log-in to effectively "password-protect" defined pages within my site.

I.e. I would let the world see a few pages only, such as the index page,and the rest would be "members access only".
Could someone please explain how to achieve this?

VodaHost
08-14-2006, 01:33 PM
check out www.amember.com

caroo
08-26-2006, 12:37 AM
That's what I was looking for! Thanks!!

caroo
08-26-2006, 12:41 AM
Nope not that one! LOL! Is there one that doesn't cost?

Collectors-info
08-26-2006, 12:46 AM
Nope not that one! LOL! Is there one that doesn't cost?

may be of use? http://www.interlogy.com/products/pmb/index.html

Chris

caroo
08-26-2006, 05:55 AM
may be of use? http://www.interlogy.com/products/pmb/index.html

Chris

thank you! I will try that out!

wow! what an awesome site! thanx again chris!

caroo
08-26-2006, 07:52 PM
i found a warning at cnet for this download (trojan horse)...so i did not download. do you have any info on this?

Collectors-info
08-26-2006, 10:40 PM
i found a warning at cnet for this download (trojan horse)...so i did not download. do you have any info on this?

Not off hand. But check what date this was posted if it was on a forum or comments area. If not, just put a search on Google for free membership script or software.

Chris.

rinahearts
08-29-2006, 05:51 AM
hey just an update I did something foolish and downloaded the freescript from interlogy. Seems all fine until In used it on my server Now there is folder "e" where i store the files and then when it is done the program will not execute says the page is missing. I have uploaded twice and get the same result. I want to delete my "e" folder but it would not allow me to do that so I finally deleted all my files at my main domain the domain folder and upload again but the "e" folder still appears. Now it is stuck on my server. i dont know how to delete the stupid folder even when i deleted the bigger folder it is in it still reappears. Geez hope it does not have some undesirable consequences in the future.

So don't use it.

i have purchased a membership script from a paid scripting company. It will be installed in two days for me :)

Vasili
08-29-2006, 06:10 AM
The membership scripts from Interology have been noted for containing Trojans (previously mentioned in our Forum). Sorry you got bit!

Some scripts (Free) might suffice from HotScripts.com, but VodaHost recommends altrasoft.com and http://www.amember.com/ (as mentioned above!) http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/images/icons/icon12.gif

rinahearts
08-29-2006, 08:22 AM
Yes Vasili my carelessness thanks for noting and caring:) do you know how to get rid of the stuck e folder anyway in my server? I have tried deleting all my folders and making new ones it is not working

Vasili
08-29-2006, 08:29 AM
Depending on what you really have in your host account worth preserving, and what can be easily replaced, I would consider having it completely reset by VodaHost.

If you already have secure Folders of original work on a HD, then it is a simple re-load.....and installing utilities is such a snap anyway, it will take you no time to re-load them.

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/images/icons/icon3.gif This is the perfect time to truly pencil a real logical website plan, so you can maximize your time and sequential development.
* If you are truly having such difficulties as a virus on your computer, having to reload windows, etc. I would recommend investing a few dollars for another unit -- if at all possible. And, quite possibly, your last Windows load was corrupted as well.

Start solutions on firm foundations, and they will weather any challenge!

Robert
11-14-2006, 10:48 AM
This may be an old thread but, this happened to me as well, but here is what happened..

I Had uploaded a feedcreator that also used ROR(can't remember details of it because in the end it wasn't worthy of devoting brain cells to it) and ihad to do the same thing..delete all folders and start over and stuff...because it had somekind of linking thing going on...random words in every webpage were turning into linkable text ads...and they aren't supposed to be...these are words on OTHER PEOPLE'S PAGES...EVERYWHERE..so i figured it was in my browser..reinstalled that..no fix..used microsoft...a nice rep stayed on the phone with me for 4 hours while we did some serious diggin....it was a blast
registry? nope.
COOKIES!!!! AH HAAA! these product are skeezy marketing tactics...your website's default cookie...and any forums or CMS's you have...

delete all your webpages in your file manager, change your sites default cookie, logout of cpanel, republish, login to cpanel change cookies back..

this did it for me don't know why or if this was the true answer..all i know is that the problem was fixed during these steps

After republishing i had the similar issues

Robert
11-18-2006, 10:24 PM
Interesting. I took a look at VodaHost's suggestion, www.amember.com, and I went to the free trial section where they have a downloadable .pdf manuel to their free trial download. I really like how they organized their manuel. They break down alot of different processes into just the right size pieces of information for me. If anyone is looking to get a better understanding of what can be involved when creating a membership-based site, then I recommend taking a look here:

http://www.amember.com/p/Main/Manual

the Adobe pdf is downloadable... keep in mind that its written for aMember, but it definitely helped me put alot of the pieces together!

Vasili
11-19-2006, 01:15 AM
Robert.....

I know that you pay attention to many of the details (obvious or veiled) in many of the posts I have penned, and have indicated in the past that you grasp many of the concepts I direct toward or allude to in hopes others might "pick them up" and see the logistical comformity I attempt to support development thereof.......and it is my hope that in this thread (and others, too) you read between the lines that is always suspect at best and highly risky to implement "forgeign" scripts, utilities, or technologies, as they often create more problems that the superficial solution they purport. You too, discoverd this yourself to a degree (and I venture to say, it will return as not completely being resolved).

Most users of BV and Members of VodaTalk are anything but proficient beyond casual user skills, and certainly not as acceptably capable of implementing any of the technologies so flippantly dealt without formidable installation or configuration problems......that is why you see so many of the same questions and challenges presented here in VodaTalk, and BV is a complete utility!

aMember offers many advanced options to users who invest the time to study and learn the technology available, and your excellent "heads up" post regarding the manual and personal experience helps to a great degree for others to find encouragement and confidence approaching a new phase, but again, most users will find their skills fall short of their inspiration, no matter how well-intentioned. And, they should not become accustomed to the abundant peer-to-peer support in VodaTalk so as to expect these mentioned options also to be supportable.

So.....here's to recognizing your good post (with personal experiences and the aspect of using the manual with a link provided) and to your continued contributions to VodaTalk!

and on you go.....

Robert
11-19-2006, 04:57 AM
Robert.....

I know that you pay attention to many of the details (obvious or veiled) in many of the posts I have penned, and have indicated in the past that you grasp many of the concepts I direct toward or allude to in hopes others might "pick them up" and see the logistical comformity I attempt to support development thereof.......and it is my hope that in this thread (and others, too) you read between the lines that is always suspect at best and highly risky to implement "forgeign" scripts, utilities, or technologies, as they often create more problems that the superficial solution they purport. You too, discoverd this yourself to a degree (and I venture to say, it will return as not completely being resolved).

Most users of BV and Members of VodaTalk are anything but proficient beyond casual user skills, and certainly not as acceptably capable of implementing any of the technologies so flippantly dealt without formidable installation or configuration problems......that is why you see so many of the same questions and challenges presented here in VodaTalk, and BV is a complete utility!

aMember offers many advanced options to users who invest the time to study and learn the technology available, and your excellent "heads up" post regarding the manual and personal experience helps to a great degree for others to find encouragement and confidence approaching a new phase, but again, most users will find their skills fall short of their inspiration, no matter how well-intentioned. And, they should not become accustomed to the abundant peer-to-peer support in VodaTalk so as to expect these mentioned options also to be supportable.

So.....here's to recognizing your good post (with personal experiences and the aspect of using the manual with a link provided) and to your continued contributions to VodaTalk!

and on you go.....

I am speechless. I have been enveloping myself with as much knowledge and resources as humanly possible for a very loooooong time now...referring to web technologies, design, application, solutions. I'd say about about 2 yrs now.
--This may shock some people but, aside from everyday responsibilities and a few special gatherings and holiday events, I've been right here behind the screen...all day and night for 2 years(I do sleep). Because of my family's current situation, I have had to focus that much harder to make sure I get what needs to be done, done right. And everything I'm working on involves the next 10yrs.
--Ask anyone who has ever known me about me, and they would definitely say that I am a very creative thinker, and that I am very intuitive. But the strange thing is that I am all alone. Besides everyone here, there really isn't anyone around me that can relate to what I'm doing. Needless to say, the idea of me recieving a genuine acknowledgement and compliment has been pushed aside for a very long time, so reading your post was like a huge breathe of fresh air. Inspiring.

Thank you Vasili.
Thank you ALL.

---Can we get this guy a medal of honor over here or something???

deesdogcare
02-02-2007, 08:19 AM
Thank you for this enlightening info. . . I had NO IDEA that I could accidentally install such malevolent creatures by adding something like a membership script . . . thanks for letting me know that some company's are tried and true while others are black to the core! You probably saved me yet another website development heart attack!!! :)))

argentum
02-03-2007, 07:31 AM
to get rid of the e directory just rename it and then you can delete it. Had the same thing once. Hope this helps. 3's
Grampa