Hex Colour Codes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hex Colour Codes

As we know, selecting colours is a vital thing, making the elments of your sitre blend together is a vital thing for a smooth and nice appearance but... sometimes selecting colours can be a nightmare especially when dealing with Hex Colour Codes such as the examples below...

Code:
    #000000 = Black
    #FFFFFF = White
    #0000FF = Blue
    #FF0000 = Red
    The problem is compounded by the fact that a lot of colours will appear differently on some screens than the colour you see on your screen. This is a particular problem with Red, Blue and Green so a particular pallette of what are know as WebSafe Colours is the best one too work with.

Here is a link to a page where you can see a list of all the WebSafe Colours along with their Hex Colour Code. Bookmark it and use it for the best results in your colour schemes (and for results that the rest of us will like a lot).

http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_colornames.asp

FPRULES

Re: Hex Colour Codes

Originally posted by FPRob
    As we know, selecting colours is a vital thing, making the elments of your sitre blend together is a vital thing for a smooth and nice appearance but... sometimes selecting colours can be a nightmare especially when dealing with Hex Colour Codes such as the examples below...

Code:

#000000 = Black
    #FFFFFF = White
    #0000FF = Blue
    #FF0000 = Red
    The problem is compounded by the fact that a lot of colours will appear differently on some screens than the colour you see on your screen. This is a particular problem with Red, Blue and Green so a particular pallette of what are know as WebSafe Colours is the best one too work with.

Here is a link to a page where you can see a list of all the WebSafe Colours along with their Hex Colour Code. Bookmark it and use it for the best results in your colour schemes (and for results that the rest of us will like a lot).

http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_colornames.asp
    Thanks, Rob. That's useful.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Re: Hex Colour Codes

Thank you GOTH :) I always use this site (link in my original post) for every single design. The WebSafe Colours listed there more or less guarantee that what is seen on other peoples screens is identical to what you see on your screen.

Some would say "ahhhh I cannot be bothered with looking up the Hex Code for the colours that I need" but.... If that's the case then I can only say that you cannot be bothered about giving your webvisitors a proper experience.

My only other tip when it comes to Hex Codes (and all other areas of webdesign) is that you are far better to spend an extra ten minutes getting your site correct and good and spending that few extra moments making it perfect. It really does make a difference.

FPRULES

Comment

Working...
      X