Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uploading webpage file

Hi,

I am wanting to put a crossword puzzle on one of my pages. It is saved in MY DOCUMENTS as an HTML document.
    I know how to upload.........but I don't know how to get it where it needs to be so I can make a link to it so my people can print it out.
    Will it go into my public folder automatically or do I have to move it there?
    Can I change to link so it doesn't say C:\MyDocuments\.......etc. in their browser windows?

Sorry to be a pain.

www.fmlinedancers.com

Re: uploading webpage file

When you upload it, upload it in "public_html".

If by " but I don't know how to get it where it needs to be " you mean how to select the proper folder in your site, it is simple: if you use BlueFtp, then it connects to your "public_html" by default, so you simply drag and drop your file from your computer content window to your site content window (in other words from the left side of the screen to the right side of ithe screen)

If you use other FTP, the process is similar, but, unless you have set the FTP settings by yourself, it will connect to the higher level folder and not directly to "public_html", so you must select the "public_html" folder and then drag and drop your file.

As for the linking: Let's say the file is called "puzzle.html". So you simply need to create a link (from your other pages)
    to http://www.yoursite.com/puzzle.html The "C:\MyDocuments\..... will NOT appear on their browsers when it is online.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
    X