X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with my mail account!!...

Hiya guys,
    you'll have to bear with me as i'm new to all this and learning fast!!. I have a form on my website that will forward on contact info. this then reaches my vodahost account via that squirrel thing!!!....i have also set up my outlook to pick up this mail but it does not found anything even though i know there is mail there!...i receive the outlook test pages into the squirrel account no problem on set up?!?!?!

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Kev...

Sorry if this has been answered anywhere else but i'm not sure where i should be looking!!!
    www.indigohairdesigns.com

Re: Need help with my mail account!!...

Squirrels ?
    I know someone who might have messenger pigeons for sale

On a more serious note, check Brad's post on setting up email in cpanel : http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/ema...rol-panel.html.

It might be that you will have to retrace your steps.
    Bill
    www.blueearthtea.com
    www.ftaaconsulting.com
    www.iaval.com
    www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

The problem might be related to the form and not to the email account. Please try to find out what is going on and post back. Posting the Form URL and the script that you use to process your form info, would also help us help you.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

OK, thanks for trying to help, The URL of the form is

www.indigohairdesigns.com/contactme.html

on the form properties i have it called "Customer Contact"

the "action" is mailto:mail@indigohairdesigns.com (i have set this address up as per the tutorial in the control panel)

the form reaches squirrel mail but outlook does not collect any mail from there.

i have set up outlook, again as per the tutorial and when it says "Test system" it all works fine!....i even receive the test page at squirrel mail?!?!?

just to double check: on outlook i have the e-mail address as mail@indigohairdesigns.com

The incoming and outgoing mail as mail.indigohairdesigns.com

and, then i have my username and password as what i received from vodahost.

hop this helps you help me!!!!!!

Comment

On your page Contact and indigohairdesigns********.co.uk have no links.
          Bill
          www.blueearthtea.com
          www.ftaaconsulting.com
          www.iaval.com
          www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Ok, so your form works ok and sends the mail (please read the updated BlueVoda Form Tutorial 1 you will see in the text UNDER the multimedia presentation, that the "mailto:" method does NOT guarantee that you will receive your mails. You should better change it using the php script method) .

The mail arrives in your CP but it is not automatically retreived by your Outlook Express in order to get to your desktop, correct?

Ok, you might have different issues here.

1. The username and password are the same of the CP only if you set up your email account in CP with the same . If you have used different seetings, you must use the settings actually used.

2. Make sure you have checked the "Server needs authentication" box.

3. Make sure that (in Advanced settings) you have port 25 for outgoing and Port 110 for incoming mail.

4. If i correctly understand, you can SEND mail from Outlook but you can't receive? If so, check that the INCOMING mail server in your settings is set to POP3 and not IMAP or HTTP.

Also try this: send an email form your self to yourself, or from another email address to yourself. See if you receive the mails on your desktop.
            Also, when in OE, click on "Send/Receive" and watch the bottom right corner of your screen. There, you will see the actions that OE is performing. By watching you will be able to see if OE actually connects to the server and checks for mail, or not.

Please check the above and post back to let us know.
            Navaldesign
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

apoligies for the delay in returning a post!

i have done all the things in your post navaldesign and i still cannot receive mail from squirelmail. My form from my website arrives there, and the outlook test page arrives after i have set up outlook!

if you have no other ideas i will submitted a support ticket.

Cheers.

Kev.

Comment

If the mail arrives in Squirelmail, i don't think there is much VH can do, it is a problem with your Outlook settings, on your side.
                Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                X