Search engine submission

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search engine submission

I am totally new to all this. I read somewhere that VodaHost would submit a new customer's site, once and without cost, to the search engines. Is that right and if so would someone tell me how this is done please.
    My site is http://www.christianissues.biz/

Thanks
    Mick

Re: Search engine submission

Originally posted by leeandmick@bigpond.com
    I am totally new to all this. I read somewhere that VodaHost would submit a new customer's site, once and without cost, to the search engines. Is that right and if so would someone tell me how this is done please.
    My site is http://www.christianissues.biz/

Thanks
    Mick
    They do carry out this 'one time only' service. You have to submit a support ticket to request it. You may have already done this, but make sure your page title, metatags and keywords are spot on then you will get the best out of this exercise.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

You can also visit these websites to submit your site to the htree biggest search engines...

Google: http://www.google.com/addurl/?continue=/addurl
      Yahoo: http://search.yahoo.com/info/submit.html
      MSN: http://submitit.bcentral.com/msnsubmit.htm

FPRULES

Comment

Thank you for your help. I'll put in a support ticket when I get my site more organised.

Thanks again
        Mick

Comment

A couple more things please.
          1. Can you tell me the best way to name pages. What is the significance of naming pages?
          2. What is the difference between keywords and page description?
          How do these things affect searches?

Thanks
          Mick

Comment

Hi,
            -Makes them easier to find, shows your site is well organized.
            -Best to name pages with users in mind. For your site to be successful, users expect to learn about you, they want to be able to contact you and of course look for products. There you go: 3 page names for you.
            -You will also title your pages accordingly.

-Keywords make your site easy to find, examples "tea" "christian" "religion". The Googles, Yahoo's, MSN's and 40 others look for key words. Be careful if you try to hide words like white on a white background it will backfire on you. (read the post on a famous auto maker and Google)
            -A page description is less important. A short description can be added or left out.
            Bill
            www.blueearthtea.com
            www.ftaaconsulting.com
            www.iaval.com
            www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Thanks mate.

Mick

Comment

One thing worth noting Mick... It might take an abolute eternity for your site to display in search engines even with the best possible title, description and keywords. Search engines are such funny creatures and nothing is guaranteed although, it is just as possible that you could be at the top of page one on Google during the first day.

FPRULES

Comment

Bill and FPRob, The biggget sites for mexican travel don't seem to play by any regs or rules, one has forty four keywords the other has none and they are no 1 or 2 on every page I seee, or so it seems. Analyzer on line say that to be bot friendly u must not have more than 20 keyords, so where is the right amount, they seeed to have just listed every word in their title and description. Also Bill, if you leave off the descrition doesn't that hurt your site. Some say the the three title, des., keywords are needed now u say different, I respec your opinion and that is why I'm even asking, ehe two of you that is?
                  Choco777
                  www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

anyone ever used professional search engine submission that claims to increase ranks in yahoo or google? could you share your experiences and what are your recommendations?

Comment

I recommend you look into the extremely affordable and very effective services through VodaHits (also from your Trusted Provider!).

By the time you get your website actually built, and have become more familiar with this VodaTalk Support Forum, you will feel more confident approaching the development of your own detailed Search Engine Optimization Plan and it's implementation for maximum benefit.....and you will realize how solid a recommendation was made earlier!
                      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Submitting your site will NOT get you there any faster - you need to do the work - have the links BACK to your site that se's want to see.

Keywords don't mean much - mean next to nothing to Google- but your anchor text in your links back and internally to different pages, your title, and your description do- as well as having good, professional text on the pages. Spelling errors and grammar mistakes will actually count against you.

So, do the work to make the BEST site you can for your viewers - as that's what the se's are looking for. Then work on getting your site out there - MARKET IT - through reciprocal linking, press releases, articles, blogs, etc - you are online, so it's different marketing than for brick and mortar businesses, but you still have to market.
                        Beth
                        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
                        X