Adding Bookmarks for islandcrazy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding Bookmarks for islandcrazy

This post is NOT a question, simply a reply to a request by islandcrazy, who wanted me to tell about Bookmarks.

OK, when you want to add a link to another spot on the SAME page, you use what's called a "Bookmark." In BlueVoda, go to the menu bar at the top of the window. Left-click on "Insert," and in the drop-down menu select "Bookmark."

This will add a little invisible flag to your page. You can see it because BlueVoda is in an "editing mode." But when you publish your page or upload it via FTP, the flag will be invisible.

Drag one of the corner "squares" to make the flag as small as you can. Click-&-hold on the center of the flag and drag it to any specific place you want on your page. Whatever you have as a link to THAT Bookmark, the link will go right where it is on the page.

Right-click on the flag to pull up a popup menu. In this menu select "Properties." In Bookmark Properties you will see "Bookmark name:" What you want to do is give it a name that is specifically unique. For instance, I have a news page on my website and each time I add a news story, I look for a unique word that can ONLY be identified with THAT story. Such as:

http://floridajail4judges.org/news.html#Rushmore

At the end of the above link after the "html" is the pound sign #, and then the name of the bookmark. Rushmore is the ONLY unique word on that entire page that can be specifically identified with THAT story.

By the way, it's the same procedure for Frontpage as well.

After you give it a unique name, click OK. Now you must provide a link that points TO that Bookmark. On me news page the news story links are simple text links. On each link is the pound sign #, followed by the name of the bookmark.

After creating your webpage, select which text you want to create a link for. In Frontpage all you have to do is select the text, right click on it, then select "Hyperlink properties" to create the link. In BlueVoda it's a bit different. I got confused about it, so I reverted back to Frontpage to make the link.

A link to a Bookmark always begins with the pound sign # (in Hypertext Markup Language protocol.) Then followed it by the unique name you gave to the Bookmark you just created.

Example:
    bookmark name: Ugh
    text link: #Ugh

Notice that the Bookmark name's first letter is capitalized. If this is the case with you, then the link should ALSO be exactly like the Bookmark name. Just add the pound sign # before the link name.

If the link is for an image or icon, it's the same procedure.

Aaaand, you're done.

HOOOOOAAAAAAHHH!!!!!
    Big-D

"Some lawyers are like slinkies. They can bring a smile to your face when you get to push them down a flight of stairs."

Re: Adding Bookmarks for islandcrazy

In BV when you add a bookmark in your page, it is automatically added in a dropdown list, so when you need to create a link to a bookmark in the same page, you just select the bookmark from this dropdown list.

You only have to use the # sign if you need to create links to bookmarks in OTHER pages. If you are interested in this argument, click on: Bookmarks Between Pages
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thank you both. Much appreciated!!
      still working on website!

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign
        In BV when you add a bookmark in your page, it is automatically added in a dropdown list, so when you need to create a link to a bookmark in the same page, you just select the bookmark from this dropdown list.

You only have to use the # sign if you need to create links to bookmarks in OTHER pages. If you are interested in this argument, click on: Bookmarks Between Pages
        Doesn't it work both ways, Nav D, whether a link from another page or a link on the same page??? It looks that way to me. I totally forgot about that dropdown list thing. That's one of the cool things about BV.
        Big-D

"Some lawyers are like slinkies. They can bring a smile to your face when you get to push them down a flight of stairs."

Comment

Yes, it can work that way too, but why should a BV user, that has the option to simply select the linked bookmark, hand type all the link?
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
          X