Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OK..Still a work in progress but, comments please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK..Still a work in progress but, comments please!

I have just started publishing my pages and wondered how they looked so far?
    We may soon be adding a web shop but for the moment we're really interested in letting people see what we do and generating enquiries. I'm thinking of having four or five different galleries of photos- the one I've published will probably end up being called "Before and After" or something similar.
    Others will be use of different materials etc. Any suggestions on improvements will be welcomed.
    What do you think of the olive background on the Home page?
    Thanks (in advance)
    Helga

www.compasslandscapes.com
    Helga

Re: OK..Still a work in progress but, comments please!

I think so far you have done a great job, the page block paving goes no where. You do great work, I wish you lived in Florida.
    Sharon Chajin

Comment

Your site looks very nice and inviting! Great Job! You asked about the olive green....hmmm...I like it and it's is unique...my first thought was to have something more "grass green" though, more lush....but then I don't know if your photos would look good on such a similar color. Not sure what the answer would be. But I think it is very pleasant as it is.

You have a stray ' mark in your main paragraph though, before the word "photos". Not sure if it is supposed to be there.

And, your gallery photos do load very slowly for my old slow dialup. Not sure if you optimized them or not, but I didn't wait past the first two....sorry!

Good luck on your buisness! I wish you lived in Texas! I could use lots of help!
      still working on website!

Comment

Thank you both for your comments...maybe we'll come on tour!
        I think I optimised the photos. Is that the same as resizing them?
        Helga

Comment

Good site, like what you've done.
          Some suggestions that might help make yr site more marketable:

-Center your menu, avoid a lopsided look.
          -This thing "Copyright © 2006 Compass Landscapes Limited - All rights reserved" can go on the bottom, discrete placement.
          -The before and after pics should all be same size. Notice pics on bottom rows are larger.
          Bill
          www.blueearthtea.com
          www.ftaaconsulting.com
          www.iaval.com
          www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Ok, this is the most important criticism you will receive about your site:

Page Title: Redo your page titles, having your company name in the page titles means nothing to the SE's. Change to something like
            "Landscaping - Gardens - Turfing - garden Design"
            This is what the Search Engines pick up from your site.

The next thing that you MUST do is add many more keywords
            You have very few keywords, you should have up to 1000 characters, you have about 40 at the moment.

If you could put a bit more of a write-up on the home page this will benefit you a lot too.

A testimonials page might be good, considering the type of work you do and these "House of Horror" programmes on TV lately people like to hear from others that you have already carried out work for.

Otherwise the design, layout and ease to the eyes is extremely good. Well done!
            Ramsey
            Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Thank you both,
              I'll start amending right away.
              Helga

Comment

I love the colors of your site. The menu bar is a little hard to read. Maybe darken them up a bit. Otherwise nice job!

Comment

I was beginning to wonder about the menu...I will have a play about!
                  Thanks for looking Dutchess.
                  Helga

Comment

Working...
                  X