Adsense PIN numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adsense PIN numbers

Did anybody else (who uses Google Adsense) receive this email......

"We have recently sent you a Personal Identification Number (PIN) via standard mail. You should expect to receive it within about 2-4 weeks. Once you receive your PIN, you will need to enter it into your account in order to become eligible to receive AdSense payments. To enter your PIN, simply follow the instructions included with your PIN mailer....... more..."

FPRULES

Re: Adsense PIN numbers

Basically it is a way for them to steal miilions and millions of dollars in
    outstanding commissions from people who do not bother to comply.

I bet the non-compliance rate is as high as 30%.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

My main concern was that it was a scam by somebody pretending to be Google but yep.. I see exactly what you are saying... Good point!!!!

FPRULES

Comment

Originally posted by VodaHost
        Basically it is a way for them to steal miilions and millions of dollars in
        outstanding commissions form people who do not bother to comply.

I bet the non-compliance rate is as high as 30%.
        A pain to have to wait for this pin number, however your comission is still earnt whilst waiting for this information, the pin is just to confirm payment to you.

With regards to those that don't comply to this, well why apply to Adsense if you don't follow it through? Good luck to Google earning extra revenue from people who are too lazy to help themselves I guess?
        I don't usually stand up for Google but I do believe Adsense is a nice opportunity offerred by them to webmasters to earn a few shillings (cense) (or more if you put work into it) from their sites
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

So... for the third time LOL ... Can I assume that this isn't a scam and everybody who uses Adsense has received the same email?????

FPRULES

Comment

Originally posted by FPRob
            So... for the third time LOL ... Can I assume that this isn't a scam and everybody who uses Adsense has received the same email?????
            Yes Rob, this is not a scam mate
            Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

:) :) :)

Thanks fella <breathes again>

FPRULES

Comment

:) :) :)

Thanks fella <breathes again>
                Think yourself lucky to have had that letter so quick from them! It took them 124 years to send mine!!!! That might be a slight exaggeration but you get what I mean?

Comment

Did anybody else (who uses Google Adsense) receive this email......

"We have recently sent you a Personal Identification Number (PIN) via standard mail. You should expect to receive it within about 2-4 weeks. Once you receive your PIN, you will need to enter it into your account in order to become eligible to receive AdSense payments. To enter your PIN, simply follow the instructions included with your PIN mailer....... more..."
                  Rob..

I am up to date with Adsense and cannot say I have seen any such email before.

I do not think that Google would send an email like that when the initial terms of the Adsense Agreement stipulate that payments will be withheld until all reqirements are met, ie, provide bank details, postage address, tax requirements.. etc.. By imposing a requirement like this they would be adding more to the list of the original requirments which would land them in hot waters.. Secondly, if Google is to send this email, they would link it to their pages, ie, terms and conditions, contact or further details.

The 'PIN' email scam is an old fashion rip-off by crooks who try it constantly with PayPal, EBay and now looks like they are targetting Adsense.

Comment

Yup, I received this too, though it seemed to take forever for the PIN to arrive. They issue it after you earned $50, but you won't get paid until you reach the $100 mark in any month. They tell you what you've earned at the end of the following month, and send the payment by the 15th of the month after that! It seemed to take forever waiting for my first payment!

One tip for those who live in the UK at least - get the payment straight into your bank account and then you wont have to wait so long as you do for a cheque!
                    Trish
                    www.Limebrook.com
                    www.MountainWalk.co.uk
                    www.MyBeardedDragons.co.uk
                    www.TucsonForBeginners.com
                    www.Pets4kids.info

Comment

Originally posted by Marincky
                      A pain to have to wait for this pin number, however your comission is still earnt whilst waiting for this information, the pin is just to confirm payment to you.

With regards to those that don't comply to this, well why apply to Adsense if you don't follow it through? Good luck to Google earning extra revenue from people who are too lazy to help themselves I guess?
                      I don't usually stand up for Google but I do believe Adsense is a nice opportunity offerred by them to webmasters to earn a few shillings (cense) (or more if you put work into it) from their sites
                      I agree entirely... well said.

Comment

Damn!!!! Rob stops breathing again!!!!

I am sure they do this????? I am certain that when I first applied they sent me some kind of pin number verification???? I wonder if I am thinking of another company???

Rob, best not take my advise sorry mate. Why don't you email Google instead, only they will really be able to give you this answer to reassur you

Comment

Yes no yes no????? Now even I am confused...

Listen My honest opinion is this: It IS a genuine email from Google, I am certain they do this!!!! But Rob, email them and you will then be 100% reassured mate

Comment

I also think it is a genuine email from Google however... I think they have gone about it entirely the wrong way. They should not be emailing PIN numbers.. They should be asking us to log into our accounts to retrieve the PIN's. I have not received my PIN yet, just the email forwarning me that I will get an email with my PIN in it.

FPRULES

Comment

The only PIN Number Google will send is when you request your payment and that is sent in the post... not email. I've received mine that way.. I could be wrong, they could send them to others via email.. But I second Marincky.. before you go putting that PIN in any where, email Google.

Comment

Working...
                              X