Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Forum Section???

VodaHost;

1) Any chance of having a forum section devoted to CSS?

2) I realise that CSS might or might not be an integral part of BlueVoda and I also notice that CSS is used by default for the page layouts when the BV software is used but....

3) How well do external style sheets work with the BV software?

4) Would it allow greater versatitlty for BV users when it comes to colours and hyperlinks and displaying stuff?

5) I Can help a lot in any potential CSS forum and thought it might be a good idea?

FPRULES

Re: New Forum Section???

What exactly do you use css forms for?
    www.hawaiionyourown.com

Comment

good idea...it will be added shorly.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by scubadiver
        Cascading style sheets

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by scubadiver
          It isn't just for forms Scuba but you can use CSS to control forms to an extent. CSS is a way of styling your website as you know. It can be used for almost ANYTHING and I dont use that word lightly.

It can be used for SOOOO much stuff, transparencies, image mapping (making a picture into a menu by dividing it up into sections), everything to do with fonts, hyperlinks, colours, layouts, boxes, menus, borders, letter spacing, word spacing, line spacing, font type, font weight (eg thin,normal, bold, extra bold), font stretching, indents, alignment, margins and padding, backgrounds, foregrounds and countless other things and on top of all that you have total control over how all the above is affected.

The good news is that it can be added into a single page on your site which means one single alteration can change the entire site, no more having to go through every page to make all the alterations that you need to a menu etc. Just change it on the 'Style Sheet' and it will automatically work across the entire site.

Heres a good example of a CSS gallery - http://www.dynamicdrive.com/style/cs...image-gallery/

Here is a good example of a CSS menu (notice no flickering) - http://www.dynamicdrive.com/style/cs...ors-tabs-menu/

I dont like the design on this one but see how the guy has managed to get corners cut out of the boxes around his text on the top left - http://meyerweb.com/eric/css/edge/boxpunch/demo.html

Click my CATSNAPS link below and then click on any cat photo, the photo display system was done using CSS (and a bit of JavaScript).

:)

FPRULES

Comment

Good Deal, Rob.
            Thank You For Your Excellent Contribution!
            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thanks Vasili. I totally understand that to use an external style sheet requires a bit of learning and that styles can be applied automatically in BueVoda to create exactly the same kind of results but I was kind of hoping that a CSS section on the forum could provide a little base for tutorials in CSS coding should they be wanted as well as an extra way for people to fins out about other things they can do with their site (extra additions/effects that can be applied with very little work and in truth very little learning).

The other thing with CSS once you do get used to it (which will only take a week or two) is that it is unbelievable addictive and opens so many doors to what can be added to a website in terms of functionality and good looking additional features.

FPRULES

Comment

Working...
              X