Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helvetica

Hello,

I couldn't see a Helvetica font option in BlueVoda.

Maybe I missed it or there is another name for this font that I'm not aware of?

Re: Helvetica

Actualy Blue Voda uses fonts which are common for webs, the fonts that all computers in the world got. if you use a different or personal font, it should be existing in all computers that open your web site, hehe what a night mare, how you would do that.

Use just the fonts provided by Blue Voda which are world wide standard, I had this prob before, I didn't find another solution except if really I want to use a specificate font, I just do it in photoshop and save it as gif picture and place it in the page.
    The Producer

Comment

Thanks. That's useful information.

What I find interesting is that in my version of MS Word, I don't see Helvetica there either. But, when I copy Helvetica from a website into MS Word, the Helvetica font still works just fine.

Also, I think Helvetica is quite common. It's not one of those special fonts that are really rare.

Comment

Helvetica is standard font though. I am surpised to hear that it isn't available for selection the the BV software.

FPRULES

Comment

I personally prefer Helvetica and it is still the favorite of many corporate brands and typesets.

Windows XP and Office Home and Professional dropped it for Arial, something to do with trademarks. MS apparently thought it was a good idea.
          Bill
          www.blueearthtea.com
          www.ftaaconsulting.com
          www.iaval.com
          www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Helvetica may also be found as Helvetia and *****. This could cause problems in some cases.
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

So no Helvetica on the next BlueVoda then?

I guess if there are copyright issues or some computers can't support it then there's no way for that to happen. But it does look really professional e.g. www.thomsonscientific.com.

I also hate Arial. I just can't get it to look like it's not been dragged through a hedge backwards.

Comment

Arial only works well in size 12px or above :) The font on my sites are arial and they work fairly well as long as you I don't size them any smaller.

FPRULES

Comment

Working...
                X