Scroll Bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scroll Bars

Please advise....my setting are set to 1024 x 768...

when I veiw my page in the browser preview I get a scroll bar on the side and the bottom of the page.

I am not familiar with the coversion from inches to pixels. I have unsuccessfully tried several different combinations of numbers in the page properties with regard to page height & width.

Please help.

Thanks

Nancy
    Nancy

www.theorganizedzone.com

Re: Scroll Bars

your Page settings should be 800 x whatever if you want to keep most browsers happy........
    If you try moving things to the left then save and then look at your page properties again you should be able to work it out.....

any more probs, please post again
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Also be mindful of the fact that if you add elements and move it around the page past the borders then BV automatically adjusts the page size.

Done that a couplea times myself!
      Bruce Hewitt
      YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE...
      IT MIGHT AS WELL BE TODAY!

http://www.panzoomproperties.com
      http://www.thebabydolls.biz
      bruce@webbrok.com

Comment

Thanks Dave & Bruce
        Nancy

www.theorganizedzone.com

Comment

I originally had my screen resolution set to 1024 x 768. I changed the settings to 800 x 600 as I am told this is the popular setting for browsers.

I tried the suggestions of the above and I am still having a problem.

When I veiw my page in the browser preview I get a scroll bar on the side and the bottom of the page.

When I can finally get rid of the horizontal scroll bar, my background is off. I tried to adjust it but I can't seem to get it right.

Any suggestions? Please help.

Thanks

Nancy
          Nancy

www.theorganizedzone.com

Comment

What is your URL/site?
            You are better off leaving your screen resolution at 1024X768. To avoid a scroll bar just make your pages 800 wide.
            Bill
            www.blueearthtea.com
            www.ftaaconsulting.com
            www.iaval.com
            www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Bill,
              I changed my width to 800 and I still see the horizontal scroll bar when I preview the page.

My url is: simplelifestyles.net

Thanks
              Nancy
              Nancy

www.theorganizedzone.com

Comment

Originally posted by NGazzara
                Bill,
                I changed my width to 800 and I still see the horizontal scroll bar when I preview the page.

My url is: simplelifestyles.net

Thanks
                Nancy
                Hi Nancy, your page has not been published yet.
                Change your comp settings back to 1024. Now go to your page properties and make sure that width is set to 800, save and publish.

You may have to hit refresh F5 several times.

Tip: on the Menu bar go to Layout>Guide Settings> check where it says 'Show Guide Borders' this will help you design your page.
                Bill
                www.blueearthtea.com
                www.ftaaconsulting.com
                www.iaval.com
                www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Thanks Bill, that worked just fine. I only have 2 small pages done...do think I should wait until I have a couple more done to publish them?
                  Nancy

www.theorganizedzone.com

Comment

Hi Nancy,
                    Really up to you. If you want to create anticipation publishing now can help. Same thing if you want the BV forum to provide feedback.

Personally I prefer to publish a polite note indicating "Under construction, visit us again soon" over the Index that you now see when you go to your site.

I would not submit to the Search Engines (Yahoo. Google, MSN, etc) until you are finished.

Bill
                    www.blueearthtea.com
                    www.ftaaconsulting.com
                    www.iaval.com
                    www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Actually, the most popular screen resolution that I have found 1024x768 to be the most common. (It leads by 309 pageviews, second being 1280x1024)

Comment

Originally posted by pemdas21
                        Actually, the most popular screen resolution that I have found 1024x768 to be the most common. (It leads by 309 pageviews, second being 1280x1024)
                        Not so fast, Sergeant!
                        Preferences aside, it is (and will be for a very long forseeable future) the "out-of-the-box" standard of website page width not to exceed 800 pixels wide that we at VodaHost strongly recommend you cast as your design foundation.

This setting actually provides not only optimal global views, but is properly balanced in the up-and-coming election of 1024x768 screens, as it allows a background to provide a page "border" as well. For laptops especially, 800 w is a must, as wider than 14" screens are still a minority, and they too, are commonly set to 800 for maximum legibility.
                        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Lol , now the confusion. You are both correct, however let's not mix the two please lest we confuse me.

The screen resolution will remain at 1024 X whatever, this is very different from the web page to be created at 800 X whatever.
                          Bill
                          www.blueearthtea.com
                          www.ftaaconsulting.com
                          www.iaval.com
                          www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

I have a 5 year old laptop, and do you know what the with is? Yeah, that's right...

Comment

Just a quick one: 1024 x 768 is becoming the standard You cannot ignore the 800x600 monitors out there. However, modern webdesign, also tends to 1024x768 as it allows for more information to be displayed
                              Navaldesign
                              Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
                              X