Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adding e-mail to my website... how do add e-mail icon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding e-mail to my website... how do add e-mail icon?

Hello Everyone,

I did watch the tuitorial through BlueVoda on how to do the POP account for e-mail and set that up and had no problem doing that. Now I wonder what to do next. Should I go ahead and find a way to add some type of e-mail icon to my BlueVoda websites so that anyone visiting them can send me e-mails? I'm guessing it would also generate more traffic to both sites too.

Once the POP e-mail account is set up through BlueVoda, does it work? I've never set up e-mail accounts for websites before.

Here are my two websites: Inspirations for Life! the URL for it is: www.terrilynnspencer.com

The other site is: Hydrocephalus Survivors! the URL for this is: www.terrilynnspencer.com/hydrocephalus

I add pages to BOTH sites almost DAILY so anyone is more than welcome to visit at any time! All I ask is when anyone visits to sign my guestbook so I can keep track of visitors!

My two questions now are: How do I add an e-mail icon to both sites that will work as a link for people to e-mail me?

When I added the POP e-mail account to my control panel, does that work automatically and when I did that, does one need an icon added to a person's site or sites so people can contact them via e-mail?

Terri

Re: Adding e-mail to my website... how do add e-mail icon?

You can visit David’s site for some info , http://www.youandmelinkup.info/forms/

Or just highlight a word or image on your page then
    • select hyperlink in BV
    • Select link type to mailto:
    • Enter your email address in the ULR: field (Click on link to see what hapens) IE: ( mailto:myname@mysite.com)
    • Select target as blank
    • Press ok
    This will use the visitors email clients program.

Cheers

Chris.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Adding an e-mail or contact button is strictly up to you. If you want to get e-mails from people who visit yr site and do not wnat to use your Guest book, by all means add it.

You can add an envelope or other icon (*.gif) or just emailme@yoursite.com (or whatever you chose info@....) and hyperlink to your e-mail. Change link type to "mailto:" and then URL to mailo:emailme@yoursite.com
      Bill
      www.blueearthtea.com
      www.ftaaconsulting.com
      www.iaval.com
      www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Hello Chris,

Well I have a question too about the POP e-mail account I created in the Control Panel. That account says: terrilynnspencer@terrispencer.com Does this mean that when I enter the email address in the ULR field of the mailto link type in the hyperlink in BV shouldn't it be the same as what as it is in the control panel or not? If not then should it be this... mailto:terrilynnspencer@inspirationsforlife.com for instance as far as the Inspirations for Life site goes?

I'm still a bit confused as to what the mail to area should say in terms of the e-mail part of the address.....

I'm guessing the e-mail address for the Hydrocephalus Survivor site might be this: mailto:terrilynnspencer@hydrocephalussurvivors.com ? This is really confusing.....

www.terrilynnspencer.com URL: for Inspirations for Life

www.terrilynnspencer.com/hydrocephalus URL: for Hydrocephalus Survivors

Comment

Hello Chris and Bill,

I did just do where I did added an e-mail icon from one of my favoriate graphics web pages I've been getting graphics from. I did go and hyperlink the icon with mailto: and this e-mail address: terrilynnspencer@inspirationsforlife.com for the Inspirations for Life site and did another icon email from the same graphic site for my hydrocephalus site with my mailto address as: terrilynnspencer@hydrocephalussurvivors.com When I did this, both worked to where when visitors click on both icons to e-mail me, it comes up to my yahoo account for that account for each website!

I just hope by having e-mail accounts for both sites as well as a guestbook that it generates more traffic to both sites! I've seen people have both guestbooks and e-mails to their websites and I think that is a wonderful idea!

Chris and Bill, thanks for your help!

Terri

Comment

Ahhhh. Not sure you can create an email address for what is really a sub directory, rather than a domain name. Someone will correct me if I am wrong, but your email address will have to end with @terrilynnspencer.com
            I believe if you wanted an email address the way your are thinking, your second site should have been set up as a sub domain. Your web address would of looked like this
            www.hydrocephalus.terrilynnspencer.com & your email look like this
            terri@hydrocephalus.terrilynnspencer.com

Let someone else confer this 1st.
            What you could do, is I take it you already have an email address that you set up in the c panel.

Why not just add 2 or 3 more address, IE:

hydrocephalus@terrilynnspencer.com if you want to link to this it would look like this
            mailto:hydrocephalus@terrilynnspencer.com

& so on for other email address. IE:
            terri@terrilynnspencer.com

Chris

OOps , i see you got it sorted.
            Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

You're welcome, glad it worked.
              Bill
              www.blueearthtea.com
              www.ftaaconsulting.com
              www.iaval.com
              www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Well when a visiter clickes onto the e-mail icon at the Inspirations for Life website for example this is what comes up, a yahoo compostion where a visitor can compose a note at this address: terrilynnspencer@inspirationsforlife.com

I'm assuming that when a visitor composes an e-mail then it would go to my yahoo and I would get it that way since a Yahoo page comes up when a visitor composes the message? I do have a yahoo e-mail account.

As for the hydrocephalus website, when a visitor clicks onto the icon for that e-mail icon, the visitor is lead to this as a compose area for wrting a message again in Yahoo: terrilynnspencer@hydrocephalussurvivors.com

I have not gotten any e-mails from either site yet from these accounts that I know of but it might be too soon to tell. My question now is, will they come up through Yahoo since the visitor is led to the Yahoo e-mail site when they compose the messages? I do have a Yahoo account as an e-mail.

Terri

My URLs for these sites are: www.terrilynnspencer.com for Inspirations for Life

and www.terrilynnspencer.com/hydrocephalus for Hydrocephalus Survivors

Comment

The visitor will be sending from whatever e-mail program they have set up as default in their own computers, could be VH, yahoo, gmail, msn, etc. You will recieve it where you chose above.
                  Bill
                  www.blueearthtea.com
                  www.ftaaconsulting.com
                  www.iaval.com
                  www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Working...
                  X