X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing Fields When Form Received

Hi,

I've just complered a form which works fine except that the first 2 Fields
    (Company Name & Telephone No) are missing when the form is received.

The page is located at http://www.dawnbreaker-solutions.com/jagr5.html

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers
    Brian

Re: Missing Fields When Form Received

Brian..

If the form is complete when it is displayed then you are done with that page given all input areas are given names and can be identified by your PHP Script that processes the form.. It is best to paste your PHP script here so that I, or anyone else, can look at it and may be able to offer some help.. It is the PHP file that is responsible for processing and sending you the form data.
    Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by ez-ez
      Brian..

If the form is complete when it is displayed then you are done with that page given all input areas are given names and can be identified by your PHP Script that processes the form.. It is best to paste your PHP script here so that I, or anyone else, can look at it and may be able to offer some help.. It is the PHP file that is responsible for processing and sending you the form data.
      Cheers.
      Hi Carlo, Thanks for your quick response, PHP script? I'm a newbie here and all I did was use the 'Form Layout' etc, where do I find the PHP script so that I can post it?

Cheers
      Brian

Comment

Sorry CarloS

Comment

That's cool.. are you using FormMaker..?

Comment

I had a look at your form but you seem to have changed the action to
            mailto: ....now.

Do you think that anyone will enter all those personal details(bank etc)
            and send over an unsecure line ???

just a thought..................
            Have fun
            Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
            Newbies / Beginners Forum
            FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
            My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
            Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Originally posted by davidundalicia
              I had a look at your form but you seem to have changed the action to
              mailto: ....now.

Do you think that anyone will enter all those personal details(bank etc)
              and send over an unsecure line ???

just a thought..................
              Thanks for your comments, it wa chaned to mail to; simply because the emaiils were being received as ATT - and had to be opened with NOTEPAD which reveals the formating of the forom fields, using Mail to merely gives the Field Name and response.

However no matter which I used the firsrt 2 fields are missing?

With regard to the 'persoanl' details - nothing is requested other than what can be read on your cheque (Sorry Stateside 'Check') when it has been sent to sone and not quite as much as is revealedon Credit Card.

Thanks
              Brian

Comment

OK Brian, now that we have cleared that up....How did you produce the form?
                Did you use bluevoda or some Form program ?
                Have fun
                Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
                Newbies / Beginners Forum
                FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
                My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
                Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

<FORM name="LayoutForm" method="POST" action="mailto:bria .........
                  .................................................. ............................................
                  .................................................. ............................................
                  INPUT type="text" style="position:absolute;left:517px;top:635px;widt h:64px;border:1px #008000 solid;z-index:40" size="8" name="Anticipated Monthly Credit" value="">
                  <INPUT type="submit" name="Submit" value="Submit" style="position:absolute;left:410px;top:676px;widt h:75px;height:24px;z-index:41">
                  <INPUT type="reset" name="Reset" value="Reset" style="position:absolute;left:681px;top:671px;widt h:75px;height:24px;z-index:42">
                  <INPUT type="text" style="position:absolute;left:682px;top:635px;widt h:64px;border:1px #008000 solid;z-index:43" size="8" name="Limit Required" value="">

</FORM>

Your form finishes here. Then your code goes on with the following:

</DIV>
                  <INPUT type="text" style="position:absolute;left:178px;top:135px;widt h:296px;border:1px #008000 solid;z-index:46" size="37" name="Company Name" value="">
                  <INPUT type="text" style="position:absolute;left:600px;top:135px;widt h:144px;border:1px #008000 solid;z-index:47" size="18" name="Telephone Number" value="">

For some reson, the two fields are OUTSIDE the <FORM> and </FORM> tags,

In other words they are ignored as not being part of the form. This might have to do with how you have made them. I suggest that you delete and build those two fields from scratch.

However, the problem of the mailto: method is yet another: submission of the form info is subject to the settings of the email client (outlook Express or other) that the visitor has. In many cases, depending on those settings, the info will not be submitted, but the result of pressing the "submit" button will only be that of opening Outlook Express, with NON of the already typed in info, in it. Quite a loss of time for the visitor who wll then have to type again everything in OE. He might also miss some info.

I would suggest that you use the php script method. It is described in the updated BlueVoda Form Tutorial 1 (Read the text and the example under the presentation).
                  Then you might also have a look at David's script and Andy128 's tutorials on making a more secure script.
                  Navaldesign
                  Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                  Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                  DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                  Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Many thanks to all who have responded, I'm sorry that I've not responded earlier (time zone?)

I guess that you are right in that for some unknown reason that the first 2 fields are outside the form, and I propose to alter that, just one thought on this is that currently each field 'tabs' from one to another, I suspect that if I add the 2 new fields then this will be affected?

However, this isn't a major problem and as I am not really familiar with PHP yet and I prefer to go down the route I've chosen.

I've changed it to the mailto; because otherwise the forms email was being received in .ATT (?) which meant that I was having to open them in Notepad, not a problem but seems unnecessary when I discovered that altering the subnmission to mailto: resolved it.

Once again many, many thanks to all for the wonderful support that seems to be 'par for the course' on BLue Voda!

Keep up the great work.

Cheers
                    Brian

Comment

Please look here : http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/for...-part-2-a.html

post #7 by Pablo as for the TAB ISSUE
                      Navaldesign
                      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign
                        Please look here : http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/for...-part-2-a.html

post #7 by Pablo as for the TAB ISSUE

Ah, That's great thanks!

I'd seen the Tutorial but I didn't read the important bit at the bottom

Please Read Carefully:
                        Many people use the TAB button to move from field to field .
                        As you add more and more fields in your form, you might need to set the order in which the TAB button will move the cursor from field to field. As per Pablo's post #7 in this same thread, here's the 'official way' to change the TAB order of the elements on an existing form:

Right click the first element of the form and select 'Move to front'
                        Do this for all your form elements in the order you want the tab to go.

Thanks again!

Brian

Comment

Working...
                        X