Two questions please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two questions please

I have two questions that searching hasn't found answers to.

1) Is it possible to add a 'back' button to return to the previous page?

2) I use 1024 x 768 resolution on my computer but have to make my pages only 800 wide otherwise it is necessary for viewers to use the lower scroll bar on computers using 800 x 768 resolution. I have looked at other sites and changed my resolution without the scroll bar appearing...these sites 'word wrap' instead of going off the side of the screen. Is there a way to make pages so that they can be viewed with either resolution and not have the lower scroll bar appear?

My site is http://www.christianissues.biz/index.html

Thanks
    Mick

Re: Two questions please

Hi,
    Good work.
    Add a link, can be text or a button.
    Open debate on size, some prefer 800 some 1024. Go for the safe side and use 800, that way no one has to scroll.
    Bill
    www.blueearthtea.com
    www.ftaaconsulting.com
    www.iaval.com
    www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Thanks for your reply.

I know how to add a link put what is the URL for the previous page the user was viewing? It's a variable of course and I guess it is somehow linked to the user's browser.

Hope you can help.

Mick

Comment

There are two ways: add a piece of code, or add an advanced button.

1. Adding "Back" Code.

Insert a html box in your page. Double click it to edit it, and the html window paste this code:

<FORM>
        <input type="button" class="but" value="BACK" onclick=history.go(-1)>
        </FORM>

Make the html box the same size as a button, and move it in the desired position in your page.

2. Adding an Advanced button.

This one is easier than it looks.. Select from the form toolbar, in BV, “Advanced”, double click the text to make it “Back to form”, then right click it and select Properties, just like in the image below:
        In the Advanced Button properties window that will appear, select the following (as in the image)

Name: optional, “Back”
        Value: optional, “Back”
        Button Type: “On Click”
        OnClick Action: “Go to the previous Page”
        just like in the image below:

If you wish you can also change the button style, but this goes beyond this tutorial purposes.

The above is part of a form tutorial. Of course it can be applied to all cases where a "BACK" button is required.

Also, using an advanced button instead of adding the code, has the advantage that you can customize the button look to better suit your page.

For the screen issue: No, it can't be done in BV, since BV uses an absolute coordinates system which can't dynamically resize tables and frames. Soholaunch can. But the freedom of layout that BV allows for, just because of this absolute coordinate system, can't be equalled by anything else (in my opinion). I'd go for 760 - 800 width with centered pages, eventually with a coloured or tiled background that would fill the voids to the right and the left of the screen.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks a million, navaldesign, it's done. I would have hunted high and low to find that info. Also, thank you for the info on resolution.

Hope I see you in heaven.

Mick

Comment

Amen!
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
            X