PDA

View Full Version : Starting from scratch???...

kevdite
08-14-2006, 10:16 AM
Hi all,
what do i do if i want to start from scratch in terms of publishing my website?...by this i mean, i want to remove everything from www.indigohairdesigns.com (http://www.indigohairdesigns.com) so that i can publish an updated version from bluevoda?

i have started to delete files in the public_html file from the control panel..is this correct???

Collectors-info
08-14-2006, 10:31 AM
Hi, yes this is correct, but be careful that they are files that you have uploaded to your domain. What some people do is just create another folder & move the pages into that folder, just in case you may want some of the pages for a later date. It will clear up the public area, but saves your work. Not quite a clear out, but a sort of tidy up

Chris.

navaldesign
08-14-2006, 01:45 PM
Submit a support ticket asking for a complete reset of your account. Attention: resetting will delete EVERYTHING you might have ever published or uploaded to your site

kevdite
08-14-2006, 04:14 PM
The reason i want to start from scratch is because i uploaded a website, then need to amend a few things...now, the home page says that its been published succesfully but an "Index of" page is there when you type in the URL.

See for yourself and any suggestions would be a great help..i'm going out of my mind!!!

www.indigohairdesigns.com

P.S. My homepage is saved as index.
it is also titled as index on the page preoperties.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kevdite
08-14-2006, 04:19 PM
Hold on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's working now..Thanks guys!!!

ryanhitchings
09-03-2006, 06:16 AM
How do you make that marquee thing?!

navaldesign
09-03-2006, 07:30 AM
Click on the marquee icon, it is beside the Link icon in the text toolbar. Then double click it to edit it's properties.

ryanhitchings
09-03-2006, 07:39 AM
I did that, But the thing on that one haircut site was really cool!

navaldesign
09-03-2006, 08:04 AM
That's Flash, not a marquee.

ryanhitchings
09-03-2006, 08:07 AM
Thank's man!

ryanhitchings
09-03-2006, 08:08 AM
One more thing... Umm... How do I make them?

navaldesign
09-03-2006, 08:21 AM
You need some software to do things like this. Google it with "Flash maker" or simply "Flash" . If looking fro a free tool. include "free" in your search

ryanhitchings
09-03-2006, 08:27 AM
Thank-you-so-much!

pricelessbeauti
09-11-2006, 04:32 PM
I have a question... i checked out indigohairsalon and her intro was really cool. how can i make my page like that? And also, how can I put the hit counter up on my site

pricelessbeauti
09-11-2006, 04:39 PM
And I have another question? How Do I take my account off of private?

navaldesign
09-11-2006, 05:24 PM
I have a question... i checked out indigohairsalon and her intro was really cool. how can i make my page like that? And also, how can I put the hit counter up on my site

Please read the above posts. You need Flash to do that.

navaldesign
09-11-2006, 05:25 PM
And I have another question? How Do I take my account off of private?

What does this mean ?

pricelessbeauti
09-13-2006, 06:35 AM
Hi,
I have a question. Once I download flash, whatdo I do next? I mean, as far as where to put it. I mean, could you please give me step by step instructions on how to make a intro page like Indigohairdesigns?

navaldesign
09-13-2006, 07:04 AM
Sorry, this is not the way things work. The downloadable Flash is what you need to be able to SEE flash files that are published on various websites. Creating a flash clip, is a totally different issue. You need a flash making software: Original Flash (very costy) or other Flash creating software. I'm not really knowledgable about Flash creating. You can do a Google search with "Flash" and you will get hundreds of results for flash creating software. Try them out and chose the one that betters suits you. They come with instructions on how to use them.

You can try also an online Flash builder as http://www.flashberry.com/ which is what he used to create the intro you have seen.