Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beginner question about php

Greetings fellow VH'rs,

Can someone explain in "php for dummies" what php is or why I would want to use it instead of just creating a regular redirect page? I installed one yesterday according to the tutorial and it's working fine but not sure why it is better.

I just want to know more about it so I can build it right from the beginning.

Thank you,

alejax
    Alejaz

Re: Beginner question about php

Some good info here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PHP

Good luck

Chris
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

I'm not sure what you mean. PHP is a server side powerfull programming language. Ofcourse it can also do some simple things as redirecting, but it is used for complex scripts of all kinds together with MySQL and html. One of it's most common uses here is for proccessing and validating form info. The redirection is just a minimum part of these scripts, so we can't really answer you unless you give us some more detalis.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Not quite a reply - more of a question! How do I get my form's (email?) data into a usable database table? Is the answer to my question connected to PhP/MySQL topic? Where do you post a fresh question - I can't find that place?

Comment

What am I doing here? Is this a dream? Am I answering my own questions? Am I "Alice in Wonderland" this is weird!!

Comment

There is not - at the moment - a tutorial on how to create a script for DB data storing. I hope i will be able to prepare one in the next days.
            For the moment, if you have a form and need the script, post the URL here and i'll see if i can prepare the script for you.

To start a new thread, go in the appropriate forum index, and then click on New thread .
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
            X