Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New index.php page for international site! Need comments!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New index.php page for international site! Need comments!!

Hey there!

We have decided that we are going to make an international website for our facility on a .com domain.

BUT ..

... right now, we have only designed the index page and we need your comments. The look and feel of the index page will also be implemented to the rest of the site. Once again we have put some music on. Too slow? Do you just turn your speakers off when you hear it? Do you know a faster way to load it?!!!

Please leave your suggestion's and comments. Please tell the truth, it won't hurt our feelings, hehe!

www.bwservices.ca/index.php

Thanks!
    Best regards,
    Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Re: New index.php page for international site! Need comments!!

Jeremy
    The music and page transitions work in IE6 but not in Firefox.

http://www.plusplace.co.uk
    royb@plusplace.co.uk

Comment

yeah on FF here no music. Beautiful images so clear crisp.
      Could hardly see the learn more links the rest of the text was faint but readable. Really nice work.
      Choco777
      www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

The result is good enough. But i dont't understand: there are lots of overlaying rectangles, why is that for ? since the first ones are completely covered by the next ones, they serve nothing. And they make for a longer download time, especially on dialup.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Yeah, like it very nice.

But as sound spe******t I have comment about music, no no no, it's very nice like it because it goes with the content of the background, it's just cuz of it, the page loads slowly, because the sound is toooo long, don't put the whole song into the page, try to edit it and take the best 30 secs from the song that you feel more atractive, and let it loop.
          The Producer

Comment

The layout is nice enough, but isn't it a bit deceptive/fraudulent to post the "Hosting" area that way? It gives the user the impression that you do the hosting and I'm not sure that's something you should be doing.

Not picking on you, but it was something that caught my eye.
            My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Hey guys!

Thanks for those comments! Here is what I ask...

1) Racefan20 has mentioned that the hosting area may be fraudulent and makes it look like I own the hosting and not VodaHost. Should I write something different? If yes, let me know...

2) I will look into editing the music to about 30 seconds to load faster. Never thought of that NiteProducer. Thanks.

3) I only have rectangles over rectangles to create border effects. I do not see a problem with that. I also do not look at who has Dial-Up now because most people have high-speed now so I figure why put less things on my site because of dial-up users when more people are on high-speed, dsl, cable or what ever so that I can add more things????

4) Thanks for the comment royb! I will look into the Firefox browser problem.

5) Thanks for the comment chocco! I will darken the fonts and links.

---------------

I really appreciate your comments. Please keep them coming!!
              Best regards,
              Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy
                Hey guys!

Thanks for those comments! Here is what I ask...

1) Racefan20 has mentioned that the hosting area may be fraudulent and makes it look like I own the hosting and not VodaHost. Should I write something different? If yes, let me know...

---------------

I really appreciate your comments. Please keep them coming!!
                Like I said, Jeremy, not picking on you at all, I just don't want to see you get in trouble. ***** will be the person to talk to on this one.
                My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Its cool...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                  02036089024 / United Kingdom
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by VodaHost
                    Its cool...
                    And there's your answer! Rock on, Jeremy!
                    My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Hi, I like it. It looks professional and well put together. Good luck! :o)
                      Karen

www.redgypsy.co.uk

Comment

Please do not ignore the dialup or WiFi users as such because their are more around the world than you think, and you did mention this being an
                        "International" site.................didn´t you ?
                        Take navaldesign´s comments on board please...............
                        Have fun
                        Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
                        Newbies / Beginners Forum
                        FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
                        My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
                        Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Hey!

1) Thanks Racefan20 for your help and thanks *****!

2) I will take the music off completly because David and George do have a good point about it being an international site.

I really appreciate your comments. They will really help.
                          Best regards,
                          Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Very Nice Jeremy,

I don't think I can add much more as all the comments have been made...my only thing was...since we are supposed to be seeing designs...I thought I would have seen designs your company has done flashing through...or were the pictures part of the design in which case ignore my stupid moment please...:)...also I did not get to hear the music...using Netscape 8.1
                            Beezz
                            sigpic

http://www.bzzybeezwordz.blogspot.com

Comment

Don't you think putting payment methods up front is a little incongruent?

(Most of the time, "Terms" are mentioned only on the page they apply to, when they are needed. I am not sure you want to cheapen your image by mentioning "payment" so early when you are focused on design and creativity....wouldn't it be better to state them simply on the "invoice" page, or in the Agreement and maybe not on the website at all- after you have earned the patronage you seek? That is, if you are basing your interaction on follow-up rather than straight sales.) This tends to make it look like a typical shopping cart, in my opinion.
                              . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                              * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
                              X