My website font has changed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My website font has changed?

Hiya, i have finally got my website working but the font is different when i view the site from other peoples computers?

The website is www.indigohairdesigns.com and the font throughout should be "Kirsten ITC" which is almost like a handwriting style, but it looks like it's changed to times new roman????

Any ideas why this could be??

Thanks.
    www.indigohairdesigns.com

Re: My website font has changed?

Hi, it shows up as roman on my screen, on the front page only. Try highlighting the words in that text box & change the font again, save page as, then re-publish. Also when you are viewing the page in your browser, pres ctrl+f5 to refresh your page. You may have the old page in your computer that may have had some roman text on it, if that’s what you started with?.

Chris.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Please note that the browser will modify the fonts in other people's computers if they don't have that font installed. That's why it is advisable to only have web safe fonts in your pages.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks again guys......Navaldesign, what fonts are website safe...how can i tell?...

thanks...you've been a big help to me lately mate!

Kev.
        www.indigohairdesigns.com

Comment

Windows likes Verdana, Arial, Times, and a few of the more common ones. Anything else will be changed on users computers to whatever their default is.

If you want specific text on say a header or title, you should save it as a*.gif and then upload the new image to your page. Not recommended for large sections though.
          Bill
          www.blueearthtea.com
          www.ftaaconsulting.com
          www.iaval.com
          www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Working...
          X