• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Page Editor updater

Excuse me if this can already be accomplished, but if so,
    I'm not aware of it.

I would like to see an editor that would allow a BV user
    to 'update' a page without a complete upload.

If a user just wants to add text or a pic to an existing
    page. This 'online editor' could allow an INSERT to
    punch in an update. Of course, then you would need
    something like a 'sync' to download the page to
    your local computer to capture the latest update.

My vision here would be to allow users to go to any
    available computer to add content without having to
    be tied to one computer at home, or work.
    Brad Arnold.......
    www.baldwincomusic.com
    www.Northbaldwinhamradio.org

ClickheretoBlastyoursitetomany
    !Free Search Engine Submission!
    Talking Avatar for your web site!
    Free sound editor
    Voda Host Tutorials

Re: Page Editor updater

In my opinion, this would be a "feature" that if included in BV would add too much opportunity for User confusion and inadvertant "mistakes" when publishing, updating, and managing beloved websites. And, it could lead hackers closer to the actual door of User accounts.

Publishing "straight-BV" is a format that is truly a simplified process, keeping every vital function in front of the client, and any shortcut on the updating/publishing time required would be negligible, don't you agree? (It really IS the same process, whether in whole or part.) Having the complete page to save and continue to work on immediately available is convenient and logical.
    * There have been suggestions made, and methods described as to set up a mirrored folder in your actual VH public_html account which can be accessed from any computer, anywhere, and thus provide the immediacy of access you describe, and when "walking" with BV itself loaded onto a stick, you have the ability to work efficiently and "cleanly." Just plug in BV, access your 'web-folder', and on you go!

Adding an additional "Panel" would, in my opinion, create more confusion for Users (who must manage another set of Logon protocols - you know how that can get) between publishing via BV and the ever-present mis-understood FTP tool, as well as stand as the only portal for hackers to defy (as BV has it's own password system, and although similar, the VH account is separate).

Rather long-winded reply, but I couldn't see another way to fully describe the contrast of what is currently available, and my "justifications" for my personal perspective......I hope it adds to the discussion somewhat!
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
    X