How do I get text on my menu buttons?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I get text on my menu buttons?

Right, I am the stage of adding menu buttons to my home page BUT the buttons I'm using are blank and I have no idea how to add text to them!! A website with free buttons for download said to use photoshop... Is this necessary? I've got PaintShop Pro 8 - can I do it on that or is there a way to do it in BluVoda?
    Also, if the buttons aren't 3D, when a guest clicks them will they actually work?!! (I know, don't laugh! I just don't get how it works!!!)

*PCQ*
    sigpic"Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to."

Re: How do I get text on my menu buttons?

When you are in site builder there is an option to use the built in menu. It is on the left tool panel third from the bottom (3 little blue squares). Click on it and when it opens you can double click on it and highlight each bit of text and click on 'edit' and replace the existing text with your own. If you click on the 'Style bar' then you can select which type of button that you want to use.

http://www.plusplace.co.uk
    royb@plusplace.co.uk

Comment

this will tell you all about hyperlinking...which is what holds the pages together...the buttons are the "picture" that people click to go to the other pages. They can be separate images, or on menu/navigation bars. It doesn't matter WHAT the button looks like, it is the LINK that is "imbedded" in the button that does the work.

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/hyp...ust-watch.html

When making your images that will become your buttons, you have to put the type on them and then save them as an image file (jpeg or gif), then insert them into your BV page. I do not use Paintshop Pro, but I suppose you can do it any imaging program.

Go to the forum for Adding elements on your pages, tips and tricks and find the thread by NAVAL on how to make menu buttons....i'm having trouble with my computer today and can't find the link for you...keep getting timed out.
      still working on website!

Comment

Cracked it! Thanks guys - you're so nice to me! Starting to pick up speed now and the "html" thing is actually beginning to make sense!! Off to play with my croaking buttons! (I'm doing a frog site - I've not gone mad, honestly...!!)

*PCQ*
        sigpic"Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to."

Comment

Working...
        X