PDA

View Full Version : U3 platform version of BV

Andy128
08-16-2006, 12:15 AM
It would be great if the BV team made a U3 version of the BV software. That way- the BV web-bulider could be loaded onto a thumbdrive and would work on any computer just as if you were sitting at your own computer.

The best thing about U3 programs/ thumbdrives is that they are independent of the computer. They only use the resources of the computer- not the files or file system. Therefore, when you remove the thumbdrive- it was if you were never there.

There are two and four gig thumbdrives out there for under $100 dollars. Imagine being able to carry around your entire BV web-site files anywhere you went and be able to create/modify your web pages from that thumbdrive. This would be a great big boon for BV and probably the first of its kind for a web-service / hosting company to do!!

Just a thought !

Andy

beegud2
08-16-2006, 02:07 AM
Hi Andy,
Yup I agree with you...right now I have a 4 gigabank form I/O Magic and I download all my BV files and alos have the program on it in case I'm travelling BUT what u suggest would be so much better and way easier. Hope it's in the VODALAND works.

bill2006
08-16-2006, 04:42 PM
Just saw a new 8 GB one at Costco for under $120, about half the size of a business card and very thin. 2"X2"X 1/4" (inches). Pocketsize.

Andy128
08-16-2006, 09:47 PM
Maybe that will be our Christmas present from BV?????????????????

I'm hanging my stocking now.

Andy

beegud2
08-16-2006, 09:51 PM
Maybe that will be our Christmas present from BV?????????????????

I'm hanging my stocking now.

Andy

We can only hope...lol...I'm hanging up a huge stocking (all the hindu gods are frwoning at me right now)...in the hopes of getting the new waterproof computer in Kates' thread...lol

circuspet.com
08-17-2006, 11:00 AM
Beezzz:

Don't you mean hammer proof?
I am still at a stand still with scanner down. Good thing the hamer is locked in the garage.

Bill:

All this micro stuff I can't use. Unless the Voda Gods can grant me the wish of *****er eyes and smaller fingers.

beegud2
08-17-2006, 11:49 PM
Beezzz:

Don't you mean hammer proof?
I am still at a stand still with scanner down. Good thing the hamer is locked in the garage.

Bill:

All this micro stuff I can't use. Unless the Voda Gods can grant me the wish of *****er eyes and smaller fingers.

LOL...good thing you locked it up...yup ...gonna need the hammer proof version tooo....lol...too many good computers have seen the hammer coming from me....

I hate how everything is getting smaller...my Dad recently gave me a Razor phone...but after a week gave it back to him and took back my good ole ***** (I've dropped that sucker a million times and it still works)...some things should not be messed with....lol

circuspet.com
08-18-2006, 12:36 AM
Razor phone: Yes that's the one I need to hold three feet away in bright sunlight to read and a ball point pen to dial. If they make them any smaller they will dissapear. I wish inverters would get real. Size does matter. LOL

asirimarco
08-20-2006, 05:44 AM
please explain U3??? - i saw a U3 2 gig what is it used for - do programs have to be special to be put on it and work? this is a serious question - can i run BV program on an external drive and keep all my files on it too then just use it with different computers - or wont that work? we travel and i switch from laptop to laptop and pc a lot - right now i have a mess

beegud2
08-20-2006, 05:50 AM
Ann check out this link it explains u3's quite well...http://www.everythingusb.com/u3.html

kenhansen
09-17-2006, 02:09 PM
I recently had my system at home down for a few days. I could launch the BV program but was unable to publish. I figured no problem. I just moved the pages to my thumb drive and went to another computer. My thought was I can access the contol panel and use the FPT program to upload my page changes.

Quoting Homer Simpson, "DOH". I forgot that publishing also converts the .bvp pages to html pages.

I agree, making a U3 version of BV would be nice. A possible work around would be a way to publish (concert) the files to html. With that, I can figure out the rest.

Is this possible yet?

lovethatbluegrassmusic
09-17-2006, 02:34 PM
I agree Andy.
Now if MS would do Windows that way!

VodaHost
09-17-2006, 03:39 PM
It would be great if the BV team made a U3 version of the BV software. That way- the BV web-bulider could be loaded onto a thumbdrive and would work on any computer just as if you were sitting at your own computer.

The best thing about U3 programs/ thumbdrives is that they are independent of the computer. They only use the resources of the computer- not the files or file system. Therefore, when you remove the thumbdrive- it was if you were never there.

There are two and four gig thumbdrives out there for under $100 dollars. Imagine being able to carry around your entire BV web-site files anywhere you went and be able to create/modify your web pages from that thumbdrive. This would be a great big boon for BV and probably the first of its kind for a web-service / hosting company to do!!

Just a thought !

Andy

Great idea in theory..But BlueVoda needs a a operating system (Windows)to work, drives are just empty spaces.