background

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• background

Aloha, I want to put a background on my page but when I do, I go to layout and arrange, the features are not lighted. I need to make the backgroung move behind the text. Any suggestions?
    www.hawaiionyourown.com

Re: background

Laying text over an animated GIF is not a big deal, but animated page backgrounds is a new one.
    Are you really sure you want to do this? Don't you think this would be too much to ask your visitors to endure visually?

(If you insist, you will need an animated GIF large enough to set to mimic a background, and lay each page element over it as you construct your pages......and the tutorials cover this also....) You could also explore the possiblity of using Flash in BV....
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Vasili....I think he means how do you MOVE the background behind the text.....LAYER it....text on top......not sure.....I did not put a background on my page yet so I do not know how....
      still working on website!

Comment

Hi Island,
        That would not work. From Page Properties, a background becomes similar to a template and you cannot bring it forward to cover your text. Even adding text will not allow you to hide it here. Try it in BV.

ScubaDiver - You can do this if you have added the background as an image only in which case just right click on the (background) image and move back or front. If you want it to shake, move, float, etc. do as Vasili suggested.

Good luck.
        Bill
        www.blueearthtea.com
        www.ftaaconsulting.com
        www.iaval.com
        www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

I think I covered the bases....BUT, to further explain the above concepts....

A. Backgrounds do not "move": they are static "fills" for the entire background. You can use images, but you must design size and presenting specific, especially when hoping to appear as "centered" -- i.e. have an animated "side" 100w to a 700w page to present 800wide and centered
          B. To have a "localized" background that you can manually "move" it must be an image: static or animated. You can then lay "objects" with their own background colors -white- to create a "page" effect.
          C. If you intend to make a background (static or animated), you must of course use a size appropriate to "fill" the background: usually minimum 1850 wide, 1500 tall - which, (by nature) needs to be free from 'centering' issues....and "stretchable" without distortion for those taller pages...animated GIFs this large are impossible to load (and are non-"stretchable"), and usually, smaller static pix are used (quick loads) which are then actually "*******ted" to cover the background...(example I did for Choco777 see the forest pix *******ted? > loads quick, pix specifically chosen for easy "blend")
          D. Flash can be constructed as an animated background, but the entire site then must be continued in Flash...this is what you see, for instance, of a webpage "floating" over a background of a sky with clouds floating past...

> St. John: If you are not sure of what he asked, then what further needs to be addressed? I don't understand your question?

Comment

Thank you so much. I have been successful in moving it behind the text.
            www.hawaiionyourown.com

Comment

See!!!!! That's what I meant, Vasili.....he did not want to make a "moving" background.....he wanted to MOVE the background....

> St. John: If you are not sure of what he asked, then what further needs to be addressed? I don't understand your question?

gee whiz!! I COMPLETELY understood his question!! I was trying to help YOU Understand the question.

Bill.....I did not even ATTEMPT to tell him how to move it in page properties!!!! because i didn't know how!!!

Comment

Originally posted by islandcrazy
                See!!!!! That's what I meant, Vasili.....he did not want to make a "moving" background.....he wanted to MOVE the background....

gee whiz!! I COMPLETELY understood his question!! I was trying to help YOU Understand the question.

Bill.....I did not even ATTEMPT to tell him how to move it in page properties!!!! because i didn't know how!!!
                Island, yours has got to be the most anticipated website ever. Lol
                Bill
                www.blueearthtea.com
                www.ftaaconsulting.com
                www.iaval.com
                www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Originally posted by bill2006
                  Island, yours has got to be the most anticipated website ever. Lol
                  No kidding..I'm dying to see it..it's killing me the suspense...you sure do know how to market...lol
                  Beezz
                  sigpic

http://www.bzzybeezwordz.blogspot.com

Comment

Ouch BILL!!!!! LOL LOL

Hey, don't anyone hold your breath! I haven't worked on it in weeks! I'm reading, learning, watching and chatting before I jump all the way!!!

Comment

Ouch BILL!!!!! LOL LOL

Hey, don't anyone hold your breath! I haven't worked on it in weeks! I'm reading, learning, watching and chatting before I jump all the way!!!
                      <Blue in the face from holding breath>...sheesh good thing you told us not to ..but seriously...come on gives a little crumb...a little preview...lol
                      Beezz
                      sigpic

http://www.bzzybeezwordz.blogspot.com

Comment

Vasili: ..."(just remember to keep answers really brief, provide links to solutions, and not post "I thinks")"

OH! Is that a rule somewhere????? LOL LOL

And may i ask, tongue in cheek of course......how BREIF are YOUR answers...hmmmmmm????? LOL LOL LOL

I guess i will not post anymore then. I like long answers, and I'd rather be guided in the right direction by someone who "thinks" they might be able to help, then not get any answers at all.

(OK BEEZ, just for you, all i got... i don't want to put a link here...
                        tammydeyoungdesigns.com

Comment

Sorry Scuba that I messed up your thread!!!! I just got emotional! I hope your background worked out ok.

Comment

Vasili: ..."(just remember to keep answers really brief, provide links to solutions, and not post "I thinks")"

OH! Is that a rule somewhere????? LOL LOL

And may i ask, tongue in cheek of course......how BREIF are YOUR answers...hmmmmmm????? LOL LOL LOL
                            No Rule...just eliminates confusion, mis-interpretation, and allows us to get back to work without "experimenting".....
                            (I thought if I tried to remember this, it would be most beneficial to all those who scoured the threads thereafter...)
                            And, when I do "pour forth" it is usually with specific, proven methods, right? And, providing solid links to solutions demonstrates that the answers ARE out there if they were looked for......

Hey! Go for it! Apparently providing solutions is too formal.......

Comment

And I thought I was a good marketer !

Whatever it is we're buying.....lol
                              btw Island - stunning beginning and keep posting.
                              Bill
                              www.blueearthtea.com
                              www.ftaaconsulting.com
                              www.iaval.com
                              www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Working...
                              X