cherokeeon12thave.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cherokeeon12thave.com

I want to print my index page so that it looks the same as it does on the web. When printing the web page, there is all sorts of other stuff I don't want such as; today's date and time, page 1 of 1, and title of the page etc.
    This is my first try at all of this and I'm not a heavyweight PC person.
    Thanks
    Louis

Re: cherokeeon12thave.com

Do a google search on - print web page script

There are many out there that stript all un-necessary junk and print what you are asking for. Sorry dont have an example handy- I'm at work.

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

It will not look the same, they are two very diiffrent things ( Web vs. Print ).... margins, graphics etc...You have to design the page to be printer friendly from the very beginning.

1) little or no graphics
      2) White background, black text.
      3) margins
      4)et

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Had a lot of problems with that one myself, I am not sure what you need to print, IE images & text or just text. But I noticed that a few people tend to place a link to a printer friendly version of the page they are on, by taking the text they want to print & just placing this only on a new page.
        If you do go down this route, on your new page you should aim to keep the text on the 1st two 3rds of the page on the left hand side & don’t centre it. Then you can place a link to print this page or just let them hit the print button.
        The only thing I couldn’t get to work was a page break to printer so it would stop & start printing at certain points. Tried loads of scripts, maybe some of the guys that do scripting can help with this part..

Good luck.

Chris
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Originally posted by Andy128
          Do a google search on - print web page script

There are many out there that stript all un-necessary junk and print what you are asking for. Sorry dont have an example handy- I'm at work.

Andy
          Boy, that was fast. Many thanks for the help.
          Louis

Comment

Working...
          X