recorded sermon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• recorded sermon

Hi there! I'm wondering if anybody could help me here...
    I would like to try to put a recorded sermon in my web that when you wants to listen to it you can just click the title. How will I do that?
    HELP!!!

Re: recorded sermon

On the left side of the screen in BV (or under Insert) you have buttons for QT, RP and WMP. You can then click properties and upload your file.
    Bill
    www.blueearthtea.com
    www.ftaaconsulting.com
    www.iaval.com
    www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

I tried that - the sermon is very long and it's taking so much time to load it. is their a better way to add the sermon or easier way?
      thanks!

Comment

If it takes a long time for you to upload it then it will take people a long time to recieve it. Unless you have a very slow internet connection, in which case use quick time or one of the others you can test how long people have to wait on this forum. If the problem isn't just your connection and the files are large you could either:
        Chop it into smaller chunks and upload each chunk within your page in seperate QT windows.
        or
        Have it as a 'save as target' link that people download and save to there hard drive. To do this open your FTP (Tools/ftp manager), click connect and go into your public_html folder, click and drop your sermons file into the public folder, it will take a while for it to upload and may take several attempts, stick with it. Once thats done put a link on your page to file.

Comment

It does sound like the file is a little too large but anybody who really does want to hear it will wait for the download times. I agree with Nick though, better to offer it as a download instead of a streaming audio file (one that plays direct from the website).

Or..

find somebody with some audio editing software and chop it up into bits, nice easy chucks that stream very easily, part one, part two, part three etc.

FPRULES

Comment

Working...
          X