Yay I finally figured it out others may have same problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yay I finally figured it out others may have same problem

Just wanted to make a quick post to let members of the community know in case they were having the same problem as I was.

I was trying to make a form using FMP becasue well its just another awesome tool this place hands out to its users.

In FMP User guide it told me to set permissions to 755. It actually turned out, or of course wish I would have tried about 12 hours ago, anyways I had to set mine to 777 even thouhg the user guide didnt say so.

Then to Re-access the Form Maker Pro You must reset the permissions BACK to 755 or whatever it was on when ya made your forms in FMP in order to edit, look at database Information, make new forms, etc...

Most probably allready knew this but I was banging my head on a wall trying to figure it out and I couldnt get help :( Well im all better now just wanted to share the info in case someone else was having similiar problems.

Re: Yay I finally figured it out others may have same problem

Originally posted by Liwendyll
    Just wanted to make a quick post to let members of the community know in case they were having the same problem as I was.

I was trying to make a form using FMP becasue well its just another awesome tool this place hands out to its users.

In FMP User guide it told me to set permissions to 755. It actually turned out, or of course wish I would have tried about 12 hours ago, anyways I had to set mine to 777 even thouhg the user guide didnt say so.

Then to Re-access the Form Maker Pro You must reset the permissions BACK to 755 or whatever it was on when ya made your forms in FMP in order to edit, look at database Information, make new forms, etc...

Most probably allready knew this but I was banging my head on a wall trying to figure it out and I couldnt get help :( Well im all better now just wanted to share the info in case someone else was having similiar problems.
    Additionally I have found and would like to share how to put the downloaded pages from FMP into your existing Web Design as I found alot of questions regarding this problem. The solution worked for me if it is not correct then please tell me but it does work.

I open my Web Template in BV then clicked the add "HTML" button along the left, double click it then import the pages form the folder you have downloaded from FMP and extracted.

Save the Page with the extension so it will match your read me file that comes with your downloaded pages. example:

www.yoursite.com/yourform_page1 ( DONT CLICK THIS LINK ITS JUST AN EXAMPLE) making sure to save the page in BV with the /yourform_page1 name and publish. Do the same if ya made preview and thankyou page.

Then go to your FTP manager in BV and set your permissions on the fmp folder BEFORE you test it or it will not work.

The only other thing is you could use the add "Script" button import the page, click the javascript button and it performs the same function.

So wheter you are supposed to use the "add HTML" button or the "add Script" button in BV but either worked form me. Hope this helps some of you haveing problems with FMP and getting the pages into your websites using your logos and page designs.

Comment

Working...
    X